Several esteemed presenters have been announced for Arrowhead's 7th Annual Traumatic Brain Injury Conference, taking place in Washington, DC on May 24-25, 2017. This event provides a unique platform for a variety of stakeholders to present original research and analysis aimed at providing a full picture of the progress being made towards better diagnosis, treatment and long-term care for TBI survivors.
This conference unites researchers and clinicians from industry, academia, the military and government to present ground-breaking research in a variety of areas related to traumatic brain injury. For more information, visit: http://tbiconference.com/home/.
- Damien Bates, MD, Ph.D., FRACS, MBA, CMO and Head of Research, SanBio
- Michael Chopp, Ph.D., Vice Chairman, Department of Neurology and Scientific Director of Neuroscience Institute, Henry Ford Health System, Distinguished Professor, Department of Physics, Oakland University, Distinguished Lecturer/Visiting Professor, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Fiona Crawford, Ph.D., President and CEO, Roskamp Institute
- Kristen Dams-O'Connor, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Co-Director, Brain Injury Research Center, Research Director, Mount Sinai Injury Control Research Center, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Jamie Hutchison, MD, FRCPC, Research Director, Critical Care Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Kids, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, Co-Chair, Canadian Traumatic Brain Injury Consortium (CTRC)
- Grant L. Iverson, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School, Director, Neuropsychology Outcome Assessment Laboratory, Center for Health and Rehabilitation Research, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, Director, MassGeneral Hospital for Children Sports Concussion Program, Associate Director, Traumatic Brain Injury Program, Home Base, a Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Program
- Mike McCrea, Ph.D., ABPP, Professor with Tenure, Director of Brain Injury Research, Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Stefania Mondello, MD, Ph.D., MPH, Assistant Professor, University of Messina
- Linda Papa, MD, CM, MSc, CCFP, FRCPC, FACEP, Director of Academic Clinical Research, Attending Emergency Physician, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Professor, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Associate Professor, Florida State University College of Medicine, Adjunct Professor, University of Flordia College of Medicine, Adjunct Professor, McGIll University
- David Poulsen, Ph.D., Professor, Translational Neuroscience, Department of Neurosurgery, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Buffalo
- Alexis Turgeon, MD, MSc (Epid), FRCPC, Associate Professor and Research Director, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval, Co-Chair, Canadian Traumatic Brain Research Consortium (CTRC)
For more information, visit: http://tbiconference.com/home/brochure.
Several key topics have been announced for this year's conference, including:
- Current Clinical Management of TBI
- Advances and Opportunities for TBI Biomarkers
- Recovery, Regeneration and Plasticity
- TBI Therapeutic Preclinical/Clinical Candidates
- Outcomes Research
- Large-scale Observational Studies of TBI
- Neuroimaging Research and Practice
- Emerging Tools for Diagnosis/Assessment of TBIs
- Preclinical/Clinical Development Models and Design