SMi Group will return to London with their 6th annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology conference taking place on the 18-19 January 2017.
The microbiology market has significantly grown in recent years as the demand from end user industries increases. With this expansion and increase demand comes hurdles for the industry, thus Pharmaceutical Microbiology 2017 will address the complex challenges that the field is facing.
Four key sessions that will be explored over the two days include: Contamination and endotoxins, quality assurance & control, environmental monitoring and new mechanisms of detection. Each of these sessions will be filled with insightful presentations by leading experts within the microbiology field.
Hot Session: Contamination And Endotoxins Explored On Day One
- Pyrogen testing - Ingo Spreitzer, Deputy Head Section Microbial Safety from Paul Ehrilch Institut will explore pyrogen v endotoxin testing and the current issues occurring in the detection of endotoxins.
- Tackling the current challenges of biofilms - Robert Neri, Water Process Expert from Sanofi will speak on how do biofilms appear? How to eliminate biofilms and how to avoid their appearance?
- Effective use of data from the bacterial endotoxins test - Alan Baines, Regional Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific from Lonza Bioscience Solutions will discuss managing the flow of data, data integrity and how to simplify investigations using trend analysis.
- Pseudomonas and water: A practical insight from PHE (Public Health England) - Bharat Patel, Consultant Microbiologist from Public Health England will speak about water sources and potential pseudomonas aeruginosa contamination, pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical infections and how to protect the patient.
- Risk assessments in fungal spore and bacterial spore excursions: Case studies - Jim Polarine, Senior Technical Service Manager from STERIS Corporation will provide information on risk assessments conducted on fungal spore and bacterial spore contamination in cleanrooms as well as provide case studies of current examples of excursion investigations and the preventative measures put into place to prevent excursions from occurring. He will also talk about the latest methods in conducting risk based investigations and risk maps.
The expert speaker line-up for 2017 will also feature: MHRA, Merial SAS, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer, GSK, Mettler Toledo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Shire and many more.
For the full two day programme with all speakers and their topics visit the event website on www.pharma-microbiology.com/mnt
Two CPD certified pre-conference workshops will also be hosted alongside the conference by Sanofi and STERIS Corporation and Battelle Memorial Institute.
Pharmaceutical Microbiology 2017 is sponsored by: Lonza, Mettler-Toledo and PMT (GB) and TSI.
For sponsorship packages: Contact Alia Malick on +44 (0)20 7827 6168 or email email@example.com
For delegate enquiries: Contact Ameenah Begun on +44 (0)20 7827 6166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries, contact Zoe Gale on +44 20 7827 6138 or email@example.com