Lorenz Mayr, esteemed Vice President and Global Head of Biological Reagents and Assay Development at AstraZeneca will be joining the expert speaker lineup for the launch conference on Drug Discovery. The event takes place on the 27th and 28th of April 2017 in London.
With a focus on CRISPR/Cas9 technology, Lorenz's keynote address will explore how this new emerging technique has become a pivotal new approach for drug discovery, particularly in target discovery, hit finding and translational studies. A few key points include:
- an overview of PGE and introduction to CRISPR/Cas9 technology
- applications in target finding, hit and lead discovery, efficacy and safety models
- AstraZeneca's unique approach towards innovation and collaboration
- case studies from AstraZeneca's drug discovery programmes
- future outlook of PGE for drug discovery and therapeutic applications.
Lorenz will be speaking on Day 1 of the conference and joins lead decision-makers and industry innovators from Sanofi, Takeda, Merck Serono, AbbVie, GSK, Johnson & Johnson, UCB Pharma, Eli Lilly and more. A full list of speakers can be found on www.drug-discovery.co.uk/MNT.
SMi's Drug Discovery conference aims to bridge the gaps in approval for drug discovery and development by discussing the latest scientific breakthroughs, exploring novel technologies and approaches that can be used to overcome drug development challenges.
The event will also feature two post-conference workshops on new approaches in lead generation and applications of physicochemical and biomimetic properties in early drug discovery.
For more details about the conference and to register, visit www.drug-discovery.co.uk/DTR.