Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1. Suicidality: Treatment Occurring in Paediatrics (STOP) Project - EC FP7 Grant Agreement No 261411
2. Hawton K & Heeringen KV. Suicide. Lancet 2009;373:1372-81
3. Hawton K, Saunders KE, O´Connor RC. Self-harm and suicide in adolescents. Lancet 2012; 379:2373-2382
4. Nock MK, Borges G, Bromet EJ, et al. Cross-national prevalence and risk factors for suicidal ideation, plans, and attempts in the WHO World Mental Health Surveys. Br J Psychiatry 2008a;192:98-105
5. Nock, MK., Borges, G., Bromet, E.J., Cha, C.B., Kessler, R.C., Lee, S. Suicide and suicidal Behavior. Epidemiology Review 2008b;30:133-154
6. Owens, D., Horrocks, J., House, A. Fatal and non-fatal repetition of self-harm: systematic review. British Journal of Psychiatry 2002;181:193-9
7. Pelkonen M, Marttunen M. Child and adolescent suicide: epidemiology, risk factors, and approaches to prevention. Paediatr Drugs 2003;5:243-65
8. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service; 2001. National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and objectives for action. Rockville, MD: Author.
9. United States Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General's call to action to prevent suicide, 1999 [online]. Available from URL: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/calltoaction/calltoaction.pdf [Accessed 2007 Apr 24]
10. United States Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General's call to action to prevent suicide, 1999 [online]. Available from URL: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/calltoaction/calltoaction.pdf [Accessed 2007 Apr 24]
11. World Health Organisation. Suicide rates, country reports and charts [online]. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/country_reports/en/index.html [Accessed 2006 Jun 2]
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our Mental Health category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology. "Preventing Childhood And Adolescent Suicide." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 16 Oct. 2012. Web.
6 Dec. 2013. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/251488>
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology. (2012, October 16). "Preventing Childhood And Adolescent Suicide." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact the our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/251488.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2013 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.