Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1. ZALTRAP Summary of Product Characteristics
2. Van Cutsem, E. Addition of Aflibercept to Fluorouracil, Leucovorin, and Irinotecan Improves Survival in a Phase III Randomized Trial in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Previously Treated with an Oxaliplatin-Based Regimen. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2012; September : 1-9
3. Cancer Research UK. CancerStats. Key facts. Bowel Cancer. January 2013
4. Cidon E, The Challenge of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, Clin Med Insights Oncol, 2010; 4: 55-60
5. Papadopoulous N et al., Binding and Neutralization of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) and Related Ligands by VEGF Trap, ranibizumab and bevacizumab, Angiogenesis 2012; 15: 171-185
6. Fischer C, et al., FLT1 and its Ligands VEGFB and PlGF: Drug Targets for Anti-Angiogenic Therapy? Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charité-Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany. Nat Rev Cancer. 2008 Dec;8(12):942-56
7. National Cancer Institute. Angiogenesis Dictionary of Cancer Terms www.cancer.gov/Templates/db_alpha.aspx?CdrID=46529 2008; Accessed 04/02/13
8. Goldberg, The Continuum of Care: A Paradigm for the Management of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, Oncologist 2007; 12(1): 38-50
9. Folkman J. Role of Angiogenesis in Tumour Growth and Metastasis. Semin Oncol 2002; 29; 6(16): 15-8
10. Bergers G, Benjamin LE. Tumorigenesis and the Angiogenic Switch, Nat Rev Cancer 2003; 3: 401-10
11. Folkman J, Angiogenesis: An Organising Principle for Drug Discovery?, Nat Rev Drug Disc 2007; 6(4): 273-86
12. Kim, A. Potent VEGF Blockade Causes Regression of Coopted Vessels in a Model of Neuroblastoma. PNAS 2002; 99: 11399-11404
13. Holash, J. VEGF-Trap: A VEGF Blocker with Potent Antitumor Effects. PNAS 2002; 99(17): 11393-11398
14. Ferrara, N. Angiogenesis as A Therapeutic Target. Nature 2005; 15:438(7070): 967-74 15. Bowel Cancer UK, Early Diagnosis, Bowel Cancer UK 2012; April: 1
Source: Sanofi Oncology
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our Colorectal Cancer category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Sanofi. "ZALTRAP® (Aflibercept) Is Now Available In The UK For The Treatment Of Advanced Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 5 Mar. 2013. Web.
12 Mar. 2014. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257153>
Sanofi. (2013, March 5). "ZALTRAP® (Aflibercept) Is Now Available In The UK For The Treatment Of Advanced Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257153.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2014 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.