Vyfemla is a branded-generic medication that’s prescribed to prevent pregnancy. Vyfemla isn’t available in a brand-name version. The cost of Vyfemla, with or without insurance, can depend on several factors. It might be lowered by using a coupon.
Vyfemla is a branded-generic* medication that’s prescribed to prevent pregnancy. Vyfemla isn’t available in a brand-name version. The cost of Vyfemla, with or without insurance, can depend on several factors. It might be lowered by using a coupon.
Read on to learn about Vyfemla and cost. You’ll also find available coupons and suggestions for ways to save on your prescription. If you’d like more information about Vyfemla, including its uses, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
* Usually, generic drugs are referred to by the name of their active ingredient(s). But branded-generic drugs are generics that are given a trade name by the drugmaker.
Like other medications, the cost of Vyfemla can vary. Certain factors may affect its price, such as:
- your insurance plan, if you have coverage
- the pharmacy you use
To find out how much Vyfemla costs, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or insurance provider. They may be able to suggest ways to save money on your prescription, including those described in this article. To find out what you’d pay using savings coupons, read the “Coupons for Vyfemla” section.
To save money on your Vyfemla prescription, explore these Optum Perks coupons.
Save on your alprazolam prescription with Optum Perks
Save on alprazolam without insurance.
Enter your information:
1mg alprazolam (90 Tablets)
Save on your alprazolam prescription
Simply show the Optum Perks coupon at your preferred pharmacy and instantly save without using insurance. The coupon doesn't expire so be sure to save it for use with refills.
Retail price refers to the manufacturer’s published list price and is up to date as of 3/2023. Retail and discounted prices are U.S.-only and can vary based on region and pharmacy. We cannot guarantee that the discounted price listed here will exactly match the price at your pharmacy. Please contact your pharmacy for the exact price.
Optum Perks and Healthline are subsidiaries of RVO Health.
Here’s a list of things to consider about the cost of prescription drugs:
- Prior authorization: If you have prescription drug insurance, your insurance company may require prior authorization before it covers the cost of Vyfemla. In this case, your doctor will communicate with your insurance company regarding your prescription for Vyfemla. The insurance company will decide whether to cover the medication. If a drug requires prior authorization and you begin taking it without this, you may have to pay the full price of the drug.
- A 3-month supply: If you’re taking Vyfemla long term, your doctor may suggest a 90-day supply of the medication. This will have to be approved by your insurance company. Getting a 90-day supply could help lower the drug’s cost. It could also save you time having to make trips to your pharmacy.
- Savings accounts: If you’re eligible for a health savings account (HSA) or a flexible spending account (FSA), you can likely use funds from these accounts to pay for your prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications. HSA and FSA plans help people save money by using pretax dollars to pay for eligible healthcare expenses, such as prescription and OTC drugs. To learn more about whether you’re eligible for these savings accounts and how to use them, talk with your insurance provider or employer.
If you have questions about any of these considerations, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Or contact your insurance company and talk with a representative.
If you don’t have a health insurance plan, let your doctor or pharmacist know. They may suggest online pharmacy options you could use. You can also ask them about ways to obtain health insurance coverage.
Vyfemla is a branded-generic medication. It’s not available in a brand-name version.
A generic medication is an identical copy of the active ingredient in a brand-name medication. (An active ingredient is what makes a medication work.) Usually, generic drugs are referred to by the name of their active drugs. But branded-generic drugs are generics that are given a trade name by the drugmaker. Vyfemla is based on the brand-name version Ovcon 35, which is no longer available.
Generic and branded-generic medications usually cost less than brand-name drugs. And they’re thought to be as safe and effective as the brand-name versions.
Here are some common questions and answers about Vyfemla.
How does the cost of Vyfemla compare with the cost of Briellyn?
The cost of a prescription drug, such as Vyfemla or Briellyn, depends on many factors. This includes the quantity of the drug you’re prescribed and your insurance coverage. Each insurance plan varies in the medications they cover and how they cover them. If you don’t have prescription drug insurance, the cost can also depend on the pharmacy you’re purchasing it from. Each pharmacy charges different prices for drugs, so it’s best to check a few different pharmacies for the best price.
Vyfemla and Briellyn contain the same active ingredients, norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol. And they are both prescribed to prevent pregnancy.
If you have questions about how the cost of Vyfemla and Briellyn compare, talk with your insurance provider or pharmacist.
Why are costs different for brand-name drugs vs. generic drugs?
Brand-name drugs can be expensive because of the studies needed to test how safe and effective they are.
Makers of a brand-name drug can sell their drug for up to 20 years. When the patent for a brand-name drug expires, other drugmakers can make and sell generic versions. A generic medication is an identical copy of the active ingredient in a brand-name medication. (An active ingredient is what makes a medication work.)
This competition may help keep costs of generic medications lower. Also, generic medications contain the same active ingredients as brand-name medications. So, they don’t require the same testing, which can be costly.
If you’d like to know more about the cost differences between brand-name and generic drugs, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
This article provides cost information related to Vyfemla. It also offers suggestions for ways to save money on your prescription. Above on this page, you’ll find coupons for Vyfemla.
If you have more questions about paying for this medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist. You can also contact your insurance company.
Here’s a list of questions you may want to ask regarding the cost of your medication:
- Are there lower cost drugs available to prevent pregnancy?
- What are my options if I can’t afford Vyfemla?
- Will I have a copay for Vyfemla?
Disclaimer: Medical News Today has made every effort to make certain that all information is factually correct, comprehensive, and up to date. However, this article should not be used as a substitute for the knowledge and expertise of a licensed healthcare professional. You should always consult your doctor or another healthcare professional before taking any medication. The drug information contained herein is subject to change and is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a given drug does not indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for all patients or all specific uses.