We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Obé Fitness offers various workout programs to suit people of all fitness levels. The programs are also suitable for those who are traveling or trying to build strength before going into labor. Individuals can also find fitness equipment, such as ankle weights and resistance loops, available for purchase on the platform.
This article explores Obé Fitness in more detail, looking at its membership plans and some of its training programs. It also discusses the pros and cons of the brand and the health considerations relating to exercising indoors.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
Obé Fitness is a subscription service that offers live and on-demand workout classes for people who live in the United States and Canada.
Users can join the Obé Fam Facebook group to meet other individuals and post recipes, books, and travel recommendations.
According to the Obé Fitness website, the exercises are suitable for all fitness levels, and people who are just starting do not need any equipment. However, those who wish to increase their workout intensity can consider using fitness tools, such as resistance loops, sliders, and ankle weights.
In addition, a person can view the instructor page to learn more about the Obé Fitness instructors and the exercise classes each of them leads.
Obé Fitness has a rating of 1 out of 5 stars from customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau website, which lists 32 complaints from the past year.
Most of the complaints revolve around customer service issues, as customer care representatives were unable to issue refunds.
Reviewers also wrote that although the online registration process is easy to follow, users have to call during limited business hours to cancel their subscription.
The company also has a Trustpilot page with an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars. Customers have complained about the cancellation policy, having experienced similar issues to the reviewers on the Better Business Bureau website.
The company offers three membership plans:
- Monthly: $27
- Quarterly: $65
- Annual: $199
It provides 22 daily live classes and more than 6,000 on-demand classes, and users can also access training programs to exercise with world-class instructors.
Individuals who subscribe to the quarterly and annual plans can benefit from brand partner discounts, including those from Talkspace and WHOOP. They can also attend level-up club classes and receive gift cards for the Obé shop.
All membership plans come with a free trial.
Below, we look at some of the specific training programs that Obé Fitness offers:
This program is suitable for people who go running — whether they are just starting out as runners or training for a marathon. It includes guided warmup sessions, strength training sessions, and recovery exercises.
In some of these classes, people may need to use weights and foam rollers.
The platform also offers an advice page for those new to running, suggesting, for example, that they stay hydrated and warm up before exercising.
This program helps individuals build their strength after giving birth, and it also supports their postnatal transitions.
Some of the sessions a person can participate in include:
The Prenatal Hub helps a person build strength safely while pregnant and prepare their body for labor.
Below are some exercises that this program offers:
- strength training
- cardio boxing
- dance cardio
- restorative yoga
Obé Fitness also offers some tips related to prenatal fitness. For instance, it suggests that people replace situps with goblet squats and full planks with kneeling planks.
The Travel Hub program is best for individuals who want to exercise while traveling. The classes do not require any equipment, but people may need to use a towel or a suitcase in some cases.
The exercises on offer include:
- hip hop dance cardio
- strength training
This training program offers short exercises that individuals can perform at their work desk to help boost their energy.
- desk stretch
- pilates stretch
- calming meditation
- desk mobility
The Obé Fitness Shop stocks various fitness tools, equipment, and accessories, such as:
- Ankle weights: Each ankle weight weighs 1.5 pounds and costs $25.
- Resistance loops: Resistance loops come as a set of two and cost $18.
- Sliders: Sliders come as a set of two and are double-sided, with one padded side and one coated side. They are also lightweight and suitable for travelers. People can use the sliders on any surface that they use for exercise. The cost is $25.
- Stainless steel water bottle: This water bottle has a copper-plated inner wall that keeps drinks hot or cold, and it also comes with an insulated lid. It weighs 16.9 ounces and costs $30.
People who use Obé Fitness may wish to consider the following pros and cons:
- offers workouts suitable for all fitness levels
- choice of three membership plans with a free trial
- offline exercises on the iOS app
- minimal equipment required
- not available outside the U.S. and Canada
- canceling a subscription can be complicated
- customers on Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau website were not satisfied with the customer service
Some companies are even offering free online classes to help individuals stay active during the pandemic. A person with sufficient space at home may also wish to use home gym equipment, such as treadmills and exercise bikes.
The ALA also recommends that people exercise indoors if the outdoor pollution level is high.
However, those who train indoors may not experience the same health benefits as those who exercise outdoors due to limited space, equipment, and accountability, among other factors. Moreover, an older multi-study analysis found that outdoor exercise can improve a person’s self-esteem and mood.
People with underlying health conditions should ask a doctor what type of exercise would be best for them.
Other platforms that offer workout programs for individuals who prefer exercising at home include:
- Peloton: Peloton stocks exercise bikes and treadmills, and users can download the Peloton app, which offers various workouts, such as stretching and cycling. The app comes with a 30-day free trial, after which people pay $12.99 per month. Learn more about Peloton here.
- NordicTrack: NordicTrack is well-known for its home gym equipment, as it offers treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, and more. Users can download the iFit app, which comes with a 30-day free trial. The app provides indoor and outdoor classes and allows people to text their instructors with comments or questions. Learn more about NordicTrack here.
- MYX Fitness: MYX Fitness offers one membership for up to five users, starting at $29 per month. Individuals can benefit from weekly workouts, heart rate monitoring, and progress tracking. Learn more about MYX Fitness here.
Obé Fitness offers a variety of workouts for indoor exercises, including postnatal, prenatal, and travel training programs.
Working out can provide numerous health benefits, but a person should seek medical advice before exercising if they have an underlying health condition. A medical professional can determine the types of exercises suitable for each individual and advise on whether they need to change their fitness plan.
Other companies manufacture home gym equipment and offer a membership plan for those who use subscription apps. Therefore, a person should research all of the options available to them before signing up for a particular service.