The Conference Forum has announced the launch of Rational Combinations 360°, the first program to combine novel trial designs, business development and scientific data for immuno-oncology combinations. Scheduled for June 23-24, 2016 at the Park Lane Hotel in NYC, Dr Roy Baynes, SVP, Global Clinical Development, Merck Research Labs and clinical section chair opens the program with the Evolving Landscape of Combination Therapies on an Immuno-Oncology Backbone. Following Dr Baynes' talk, the program will delve into the clinical section that discusses current combinations in the clinic, explores strategies for accelerating approvals and features case studies on novel combinations and trial designs. The program will also take a deeper look into the business aspects, identifying partnership strategies, reimbursement and investment opportunities along with exploring the scientific data that are driving immuno-oncology combinations.
"There are potentially endless combinations and we felt an obligation to present a conference dedicated to understanding how to best prioritize immuno-oncology combinations," said Kate Woda, Conference Director for the Rational Combinations 360° program.
"The breadth of what we have is enormous and there is a lot of opportunity rising from it," said Dr Axel Hoos, SVP, Operations R&D of GlaxoSmithKline and lead advisor of the program. "What it [combinations] also does is brings complexity. There are business complexities coming from the speed and collaboration that is required in order to bring assets together."
The Rational Combinations 360° program is developed in partnership with industry, academia, the investment community, government and providers to enable attendees to gain a 360-degree perspective. This includes creating novel trial designs, investigating scientific data and approaches to combination immunotherapies and how to capitalize on market opportunities that will ultimately help revolutionize the way cancer is treated.
The speaking faculty at Rational Combinations 360° includes (as of 3/10/16):
- Robert Andtbacka, MD,CM, FACS FRCSC, Associate Professor, Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery / Co-Director Melanoma Program / Co-Director Melanoma Clinical Research Program, University of Utah / Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Roy Baynes, MD, PhD, SVP, Global Clinical Development, Merck Research Labs
- Omid Hamid, MD, Chief, Translational Research and Immunotherapy / Director, Melanoma Therapeutics, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute
- Priti Hegde, PhD, Anti-angiogenesis and Cancer Immunotherapy Franchises Biomarker Lead, Oncology Biomarkers, Genentech
- James Hodge, PhD, MBA, Senior Investigator / Head, Recombinant Vaccine Group, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute
- Axel Hoos, MD, PhD, SVP, Oncology R&D, GlaxoSmithKline
- Robert Iannone, MD, Head of Immuno-Oncology, Global Medicines Development, AstraZeneca
- Laura Johnson, PhD, Director, Solid Tumor Immunotherapy Laboratory, Center for Cellular Immunotherapies / Adj. Asst. Professor, Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Lisa Johnson-Pratt, MD, Head, Pipeline Commercial Strategy, GlaxoSmithKline
- Michael Kalos, PhD, CSO, Cancer Immunobiology, Eli Lilly
- David Kaufman, MD, PhD, Executive Director, Translational Immuno-Oncology Lead, Oncology Clinical Research, Merck Research Labs
- Howard Kaufman, MD, FACS, Chief Surgical Officer, Associate Director / President, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey / Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
- Ira Klein, MD, MBA, FACP, Senior Director of Healthcare Quality Strategy, Strategic Customer Group, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Patricia Marinello, PharmD, Clinical Director, Oncology Clinical Research, Merck Research Labs
- Patrick Mayes, PhD, Director & Early Development Leader, GlaxoSmithKline
- Ian McCaffery, PhD, VP, Translational Sciences, Corvus Pharmaceuticals
- Anna Pavlick, DO, MD, Director, Melanoma Program, NYU Cancer Institute
- Ed Pezalla, MD, MPH, VP, National Medical Director for Pharmacy Policy and Strategy, Aetna
- Zachary Roberts, MD, PhD, Director, Clinical Development, Kite Pharma
- Mark Simon, MBA, Partner, Torreya Partners
- Peter Thompson, MD, FACP, Private Equity Partner, OrbiMed Advisors
For more information about the Rational Combinations 360° program, visit http://theconferenceforum.org/conferences/rational-combinations-360/overview/