Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1. Dittman R, et al. A Head-to-Head, Double-Blind, Randomised, Phase 3b Trial Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate with Atomoxetine for the Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Conference poster, presented at 4th World Congress on ADHD, 6-9 June 2013, Milan, Italy.
2. Dittman R, et al. A Head-to-Head, Double-Blind, Randomised, Phase 3b Trial Comparing the Efficacy of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate and Atomoxetine on Core Symptoms in Children and Adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Conference poster, presented at 4th World Congress on ADHD, 6-9 June 2013, Milan, Italy.
3. Elvanse®, UK Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC), Shire Pharmaceuticals Limited 2013.
4. Strattera®, UK Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC), Eli Lilly and Company Limited 2012.
5. Pliszka S & the AACAP Work Group on Quality Issues. Practice Parameter for the Assessment and Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2007; 46(7):894-921.
6. Bloom B, et al. Summary Health Statistics for U.S. Children: National Health Interview Survey, 2010. Vital Health Stat 10. 2011; (250):1-80.
7. McCarthy S, et al. The Epidemiology of Pharmacologically Treated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Children, Adolescents and Adults in UK Primary Care. BMC Pediatr. 2012; 12:78.
8. International Classification of Diseases, 10th ed., (ICD-10). World Health Organization 2007: Chapter 5,F90. http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2010/en#/F90-F98. Last accessed May 2013.
9. Dickstein SG, et al. The Neural Correlates of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: An ALE Meta-Analysis. J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2006; 47:1051-1062.
10. Valera EM, et al. Meta-Analysis of Structural Imaging Findings in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Biol Psychiatry 2007; 61:1369.
11. Volkow, et al. Evaluating Dopamine Reward Pathway in ADHD. JAMA 2009; 302(10):1084-1091.
12. Gizer IR, et al. Candidate Gene Studies of ADHD: A Meta-Analytic Review. Hum Genet 2009; 126:51-90.
13. Sagiv SK, et al. Pre- and Postnatal Risk Factors for ADHD in a Nonclinical Pediatric Population. J Atten Disord 2012; 17:47-57.
14. Heinonen K,Räikkönen K, Pesonen AK, et al. Behavioural symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in preterm and term children born small and appropriate for gestational age: a longitudinal study. BMC Pediatr 2010; 10: 91.
* Based on ADHD-RS-IV total score and inattentiveness and hyperactivity/impulsivity subscale scores
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our ADHD category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Shire. "Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate Demonstrates Significantly Faster Response, Greater Reductions Of Core ADHD Symptoms Than Atomoxetine In Study." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 11 Jun. 2013. Web.
6 Dec. 2013. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/261705>
Shire. (2013, June 11). "Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate Demonstrates Significantly Faster Response, Greater Reductions Of Core ADHD Symptoms Than Atomoxetine In Study." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact the our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/261705.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2013 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.