SelectHealth are a nonprofit healthcare company who offer health insurance plans in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada.
In this article, learn more about SelectHealth, including the plans they offer and some of the associated costs.
SelectHealth are a nonprofit company who began operating in 1983. They offer plans to more than 900,000 members across Nevada, Idaho, and Utah. Plan members include individuals, families, employers, beneficiaries of Medicaid, and people who are receiving federal employee benefits.
SelectHealth promote volunteerism, give free health screenings in the community, and support school-based physical activity programs. They are integrated with Intermountain Healthcare and partnered with St. Luke’s Health System.
Federally funded Medicare provides health insurance for older adults in the United States. Some younger people who have certain conditions or disabilities may also be eligible for Medicare.
The Medicare parts include:
- Part A, which is hospitalization coverage
- Part B, which provides medical insurance
- Part C, or Medicare Advantage, which offers the basic coverage of original Medicare (Part A and Part B), along with some additional benefits
- Part D, which is for prescription drug coverage
Medicare Advantage is an alternative to original Medicare (parts A and B). Therefore, it includes hospital treatments and doctor visits, and it may also include prescription drug coverage. The plans may also offer additional benefits, such as hearing, vision, and dental.
A person can use this online tool or call 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227) to find Medicare Advantage plans in their area.
There are several types of Medicare Advantage plan available. The list below discusses some of the most common ones:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans: People generally have to use providers in the plan’s network, except when they need emergency care or out-of-area dialysis. Some plans allow people to get services out of the network, but it may cost more. A person also has to choose a primary care doctor, and they may need a referral before seeing a specialist.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans: With a PPO plan, people can use a provider in the plan’s network or outside the network. However, higher costs may be associated with out-of-network services. People do not need to choose a primary care doctor, and, in most cases, they do not need a referral to see a specialist.
- Private Fee-for-Service plans: These plans choose how much they pay providers and how much people pay when they get care. People can see providers in or out of the network, but costs are lower for in-network providers.
- Special Needs Plans: These are limited to people with specific health conditions. The benefits are designed to meet the needs of the group they serve, such as people with heart disease or diabetes.
Other Medicare Advantage plans include HMO Point-of-Service and Medicare savings account plans.
SelectHealth offer various Medicare Advantage plans depending on a person’s location. The chart below provides some plan costs based on ZIP code.
A person can check plan details by using SelectHealth’s online search tool and entering their ZIP code.
|Location||Plan||Monthly premium||Monthly dental premium||Maximum annual out-of-pocket|
|Treasure Valley Enhanced||$53||optional: $30.50||$5,900|
|Salt Lake City, UT|
|SelectHealth Advantage Enhanced||$61||included: preventive dental|
|Las Vegas, NV|
|SelectHealth Advantage||$0||included: preventive dental|
Basic costs with a Medicare Advantage plan include premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, and copays. In addition to the Medicare Advantage plan premium, a person must also pay the Medicare Part B premium. In 2021, this is $148.50.
SelectHealth’s links with healthcare systems provide access to a system of providers, home health agencies, occupational medicine, and hospitals.
The company’s Medicare Advantage plan benefits include wellness programs and incentives. SelectHealth are also part of the Alliance of Community Health Plans.
Plans also cover preventive screenings for:
- heart disease
- sexually transmitted infections
SelectHealth reimburse up to $240 each year for enrollment in programs such as:
- gym memberships
- approved weight loss programs
- nutritional counseling
- health education
This online tool can help people search for Medicare Advantage plans in their area, with the option to filter plans based on need.
- monthly premium
- health deductible
- drug plan deductible
- yearly out-of-pocket maximum
SelectHealth are a private nonprofit company offering Medicare Advantage plans in Utah, Nevada, and Idaho. These plans combine the benefits of original Medicare (parts A and B).
Medicare Advantage plans must offer the same basic coverage as original Medicare but may also offer additional benefits, such as hearing, dental, or vision.
SelectHealth partner with local healthcare systems to provide care to people in the community, including preventive and wellness benefits. Wellness programs include help paying for gym memberships, weight loss programs, and nutritional counseling.