We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Wrist braces can provide extra support for people who have conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and arthritis. Wrist braces help keep the wrist in a neutral position to aid recovery.
- For a more eco-friendly wrist brace: Mueller Green
- For an ambidextrous fit: BraceUP Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace
- For a wrap wrist brace: M Brace RCA Carpal Tunnel Wrist Pain Relief
- For a child’s wrist brace: Neo G Kids Stabilized Wrist Brace
- For a memory-foam wrist brace: Wellgate for Women PerfectFit Wrist Brace
- For moisture-wicking: Copper Compression Arthritis Gloves
- For a nighttime wrist brace: ComfyBrace Night Wrist Sleep Support Brace
We refer to “women,” “men,” or both to align with how companies market their products, but there is no need to stick to one type or the other. A person should choose the product that best suits their needs.
People often use wrist braces if they sustain an injury, such as a sprain, or they have a condition that causes pain or inflammation in the wrist. These braces, or splints, fit around the wrist and provide support and protection against further injury and sprains.
Individuals may wear wrist braces while taking part in activities such as typing, moving objects, or exercising. These products aid recovery by helping keep the wrist in a neutral position.
Wrist braces can help those with swollen or painful wrists.
A person may use a wrist brace due to injuries, such as sprains or strains.
People with the following conditions may also benefit from a wrist brace:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: A condition that affects the median nerve, which runs through the arm and down into the wrist. It can result in numbness, tingling, and weakness in the wrist and hand.
- Tendonitis: This refers to the inflammation or irritation of a tendon, which can occur at any joint, including the wrist.
- Arthritis: A condition that causes painful and inflamed joints. It can also occur in the wrist. A
2018 studyfound that wrist splints could help improve hand function, such as grip strength and dexterity, in those with rheumatoid arthritis.
How we choose
Medical News Today chooses products that meet the following criteria:
- Materials: Products with a range of materials, such as memory foam, lightweight fabric, or recycled products.
- Price: Products available with a wide range of budgets.
- Size: Those with a range of sizes, such as adult and children’s wrist braces.
- Function: Those with different functions, such as nighttime wrist braces or wrist braces that wick away moisture.
Some factors to consider when purchasing a wrist brace include:
- Materials: Durability and breathability are important, as people may wear wrist braces for long periods of time. Some wrist braces may feature memory foam, which may increase comfort.
- Sizes: Many companies provide different sizes, while others have a one-size-fits-all style. Some companies also design wrist braces for children.
- Mobility: Depending on the task a person is carrying out while wearing the brace, they may need to keep flexibility in their fingers. Some wrist braces allow for greater mobility than others.
- Cost: The cost of a wrist brace may differ depending on the materials, size, and design.
Below is a selection of wrist braces available to buy online.
Please note, the writer has not tested these products. All information is research-based.
The Mueller Green wrist brace comes in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes. People can purchase the brace for the left or right arm.
Mueller states the product’s material is lightweight and breathable, while the lining consists of recycled latex-free polyethylene terephthalate materials. The company also says the wrist brace comprises nonpetroleum-based materials.
This product also features adjustable straps to provide contoured support. People can wear it at any time of the day or night.
Mueller says it designed this wrist brace for those with carpal tunnel syndrome and injured wrists. Individuals can hand wash the brace in cold water with mild detergent and allow it to air dry.
The BraceUP Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace features a lightweight aluminum splint with a soft cushion and a mesh material for comfort and breathability. It has three adjustable straps for security.
This product is available for both wrists in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes. BraceUP states this wrist brace is suitable for people with carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, and tendonitis.
The company suggests individuals wear this wrist brace during daily activities such as typing or gaming. BraceUP also states that people will not experience reduced mobility while wearing this product.
This adjustable wrist brace wraps around the wrist while leaving the hand and fingers free to move. It is featherweight and has a Velcro strap to secure the brace.
M Brace states it manufactures the wrist brace in the United States. The product is latex-free and contains foam pads. The company says the wrist brace is suitable for use during the day or night.
The M Brace RCA Carpal Tunnel Wrist Pain Relief brace is available in several colors and regular and large sizes.
This product is suitable for children up to 12 years of age. It is available in one size only, and people can choose between a left- and right-hand brace.
The wrist brace has a removable metal splint and contains heat-therapeutic neoprene to retain heat and keep muscles and joints warm and relaxed.
Neo G states this product is suitable for children who have injuries such as sprains and strains. The product may also be suitable for children who need extra wrist support while playing sports.
However, the Neo G Kids Stabilized Wrist Brace is not suitable for use during sleep.
This brace is available in one size, and people can purchase it either for the left or right wrist. The product contains breathable memory foam, which may offer extra comfort and support.
Wellgate states its brace prevents gapping and chaffing. People can put the wrist on using one hand by sliding their hand through the product and tightening the straps.
The company recommends this product for individuals with carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and aching wrists.
The Wellgate for Women PerfectFit Wrist Brace is also suitable for use during the day or night. People can hand wash the brace in cold water with a mild detergent and allow it to air dry.
This wrist brace features an alternative design, taking the form of fingerless gloves. These compress not just the wrist but also the hands and fingers to provide more support. In addition, Copper Compression states the glove design allows more mobility than other wrist brace designs.
This product features a copper-infused nylon construction and uses moisture-wicking materials, which increases durability and comfort.
Copper Compression states this product is suitable for people with arthritis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and aches and pains in the joints.
The Copper Compression Arthritis Gloves are available in a choice of sizes ranging from small to extra large.
This one-size-fits-all brace features an ambidextrous fit. It has a slip-on sleeve design, a removable splint, and a breathable plush beaded cushion to provide comfort and support.
ComfyBrace states this product is suitable for people with carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tendonitis, or aching joints. Additionally, a person can wear this during the day and night.
The company also offers a lifetime guarantee and a full refund returns policy.
Below are some frequently asked questions about wrist braces.
How do you wear a wrist brace?
Wrist brace manufacturers should include instructions on how to wear the product.
A person usually slides the brace onto their wrist and tightens the straps to apply the required amount of pressure. The brace should feel snug to provide the correct support. However, people should loosen the wrist brace if they experience pain, numbness, or tingling in the hand or wrist.
Does a wrist brace help carpal tunnel syndrome?
A wrist brace may help those with carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms. Individuals may also wear a wrist brace with a splint during the night to ease any pain.
People with carpal tunnel syndrome should contact a doctor to discuss treatment options.
Can a person wear a wrist brace all day?
People may use a wrist brace during the night to keep their wrist in a neutral position.
Individuals can also wear a wrist brace when they need extra support during the day. However, it is important to move the joint normally during the day to prevent stiffness. People should try and avoid wearing a wrist brace throughout the day and night unless under the recommendation of a healthcare professional.
A wrist strain or sprain usually resolves by itself when a person rests the joint. However, an individual with the following symptoms or conditions should consult with a doctor:
- wrist pain that stops them from carrying out everyday activities
- wrist pain that becomes worse
- wrist pain that goes away and then comes back
- wrist pain that does not stop after 2 weeks
- tingling, numbness, or loss of sensation in the hand or wrist
- diabetes, as this may increase the risk of complications
A doctor can investigate the cause of any wrist pain and offer advice on how to treat it.
Wrist braces help keep the joint in a neutral position. They can help ease pain from wrist injuries or conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, or arthritis.
People should contact a doctor if they experience long-lasting pain in their wrist that does not go away with rest.