We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Puffy are a brand who produce memory foam mattresses, hybrid mattresses, and several other bedding products. Puffy offer warranties and certifications on all their mattresses.
Since people are averaging fewer hours of sleep than they used to, choosing the right mattress is very important to ensure that a person gets quality sleep.
Puffy offer three varieties of foam mattress. Each type can consist of layers of foam or a hybrid of foam and springs.
Like other foam mattress companies, they sell their products exclusively online. The company also offers a variety of other products related to mattresses, such as pillows, bed frames, and sheets.
The three types of mattress range in price and the number of layers they have. Each one is available in sizes ranging from twin to California king.
The three types are as follows:
- Puffy Mattress: This is their basic mattress, with three different layers of foam.
- Puffy Lux Mattress: This is their mid-range model, with four different layers of foam.
- Puffy Royal Mattress: This is their most expensive model, with five layers of foam.
Puffy make all their mattresses in the United States and offer free shipping for their mattresses. The company also offers financing options for all their mattresses for those who prefer to pay over time.
They give buyers 101 nights to try their new mattress and return it if they are not happy with their purchase. If a person does want to return the mattress, Puffy will remove their mattress and refund the total cost.
However, one major drawback is that they do not take away a customer’s old mattress. This means that the individual will be responsible for removing and disposing of their current mattress.
The company’s website suggests looking for days that a person’s local township offers free large item pickup.
Puffy generally get good reviews from customers. However, these mostly appear on the brand’s own website, so the reviews may be misleading.
Consumer Voice gave Puffy mattresses a 9.9 out of 10. They compared over 1,500 reviews.
Puffy mattresses are also CertiPUR-US-certified. This means that the foam the manufacturers use to make the mattresses do not contain unsafe levels of:
- ozone depleters
- flame retardants
- low volatile organic compound emissions
The mattresses also contain no:
- mercury, lead, or other heavy metals
Puffy offer three basic mattresses: their original Puffy Mattress, the Lux Mattress, and the Royal Mattress. Here is how they compare with each other.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
The Puffy Mattress
The original Puffy Mattress is the cheapest of the options available. It provides support for all sleep types.
Their original is the thinnest of the three models and offers three distinct foam layers.
This mattress is medium-firm and can help with temperature regulation and relief of pressure points.
The Puffy Lux Mattress
The Puffy Lux Mattress is the company’s mid-range model. It has the same features as the original model, with some extras.
The mattress contains four layers of foam. The added layer is an extra comfort layer of softer foam.
This product comes with a luxury cover, and the company claims that the mattress offers enhanced spinal alignment.
The Puffy Royal Mattress
The Puffy Royal Mattress is the most expensive of their three models. It supports all sleep positions, from side sleepers to back sleepers.
It has five layers, adding two layers of comfort to their original model. It also has reflexive pressure relief and zoned spinal support.
Puffy claim that this model allows for more breathability and airflow. It is also stain resistant and washable.
Which is the best?
All three types of mattress offer support for side, back, and stomach sleepers. They also all offer support for lighter weight people, though their mattresses can support up to 350 pounds on one side.
The main difference is the added comfort layers in their two more expensive types. The comfort layers help create a softer cradle for the sleeper.
For those who can afford it, the Lux may offer greater comfort, but their original mattress still offers decent support and the same guarantees as their more expensive options.
The International Chiropractors Association suggest that people consider the following criteria when choosing a mattress brand and product:
- Comfort: This refers to the level of cushioning.
- Support: The mattress should be able to support the person’s full weight and provide support for various parts of the body and sleeping positions.
- Size: Is the mattress suitable for one person or more? Will it fit in the bed frame?
- Durability: This refers to the strength of the materials and how long the product may last.
- Warranties: Most warranties are at least 10 years, but some may offer longer periods of time.
- Construction: Coils, foam, or latex can all play a role in support, comfort, and longevity.
If the mattress is not working for a person, they should use the money back guarantee to return it.
Puffy mattresses are not necessarily superior to other brands and products. Some alternative companies include:
When comparing brands, it may help to look for the following:
- a lengthy warranty
- a money back guarantee for a certain number of days or months
- one or more certifications for quality and safety from third party organizations
- decent reviews from multiple online sources
Puffy mattresses come in three different styles, ranging from their original Puffy Mattress to their Royal Puffy Mattress. Each style is available as both a multilayer memory foam or hybrid model, and they come in sizes ranging from twin to California king.
The best-value mattress they offer is their original, but people looking for a little bit more support may find their Lux line offers the same level of support and a better level of comfort.
People should research the different mattresses available to decide which one is the best for their unique needs.