We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Casper is a bedding brand that offers three different pillow types: original, foam, and down.
This article discusses the Casper brand and its reputation, its pillow products, alternative brands, and the link between pillows and health.
Casper offer a range of sleep-related products, including pillows, mattresses, bed frames, and bedding.
They donate to charities regularly by giving sleep products to people in need of a bed. They also recycle old sheets, pillows, and bedding.
Casper have an average customer rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Positive reviews frequently mention the quality and comfort of the products. A large proportion of the negative reviews mention customer service.
No one pillow will suit all needs and preferences. Various factors will determine what type of pillow a person will like best, including what position they usually sleep in or whether they experience neck pain or headaches.
A few things to consider when purchasing a pillow include:
- pillow height
- sleeping position
People wishing to purchase organic, sustainable pillows can look for products with the following certifications:
- United States Department of Agriculture Certified Organic
- GREENGUARD Gold
- Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Organic Content Standard
A person may also want to look at the return policies and warranties of a product before purchasing. People may want to test different pillows to find the one that suits them best.
Casper produces three different pillow models. They offer a 30-night risk-free trial, free shipping, and returns, plus a 1-year limited warranty.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Original Casper Pillow
This down-alternative pillow is available in a standard or king size and a double pack.
This product is a pillow-on-pillow design. The inner pillow aims to support the head, whereas the outer pillow provides comfort.
The Original Casper pillow has a 100% cotton cover that increases airflow, which may suit people who sleep hot. The company also claim that the size supports neck alignment.
Casper Foam Pillow
The Casper Foam pillow is available in two sizes: standard and king.
Casper claim that their in-house ergonomist has tested the foam pillow and confirms it provides healthy alignment and support. The inner layers mold to a user’s head and neck in all sleep positions, and the outer layers provide comfort.
They also claim that the foam pillow design keeps a person cool at night by allowing air to circulate.
Casper Down Pillow
The down pillow is available in a standard or king size.
Casper claim that this pillow contains 100% ethically-sourced down feathers certified by the Responsible Down Standard (RDS).
The company say that this pillow is adaptable for any sleep position, and their 5-chamber structure provides support and breathability. The pillow’s outer layers are 100% cotton, and the inside is 100% polyester.
Casper also sell a variety of other sleep-related products. These products are:
- Mattresses: They sell four different types of mattresses: Wave Hybrid, Nova Hybrid, Original, and Element.
- Bed Frames: Casper offer six types of bed frames, including adjustable, foundation and metal, and upholstered.
- Bedding: Casper sell sheets, duvets, weighted blankets, and mattress protectors.
Casper also offer bundles, which may work out cheaper than buying products individually. For example, their Comfy Bundle includes two Original pillows and a Sateen Sheet set.
Casper also design a range of gifts, including a dog bed, a nap pillow, and a nightstand.
There are many brands with similar products to Casper. A few of these alternative companies are:
- Coop Home Goods: Offer a wide range of different support pillows and use hypoallergenic materials.
- Avocado: All materials that Avocado use in their pillows are entirely organic, natural, non-toxic, and vegan-friendly.
- Malouf:Malouf focus on the sale of gel-infused memory foam pillows.
- Snuggle-Pedic: Snuggle-Pedic claim they use high-quality materials and offer a 20-year warranty on their pillow products.
- Mediflow: Sell water pillows that adapt to all sleep positions and reduce neck pain.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) suggest that a person sleeps with comfortable pillows and mattresses to get a restful night’s sleep. Other tips for improved sleep quality include:
- sleeping and waking at the same time every day
- creating a quiet, dark, and cool bedroom environment
- exercising regularly
- limiting caffeine drinks in the afternoon
- eating meals at least 2–3 hours before bedtime
A 2020 review of literature concluded that certain pillow factors could improve sleep quality and spinal alignment while reducing neck pain. These factors are latex materials, a contoured pillow, a pillow measuring 7–11 centimeters high, and a cooling surface.
A 2015 study that assessed pillow height in adults using foam pillows found that the pillow’s height plays a crucial part in the neck and upper back’s comfort.
However, they also say that keeping a sleep diary for a week or two beforehand may help. Things to include in this sleep diary are:
- time of going to bed, sleeping, waking, and getting out of bed
- a record of naps
- a record of exercise
- any alcoholic or caffeinated drinks and times of consumption
Neck pain is widespread and often occurs when pillows are not at the right height. A person should aim to keep their head at the same level as their body when sleeping. However, a person should see a doctor if:
- neck pain does not go away after a few weeks
- painkillers do not work
- a person has worries about the pain
- other symptoms are present such as pins and needles or a cold arm
Casper offer three different types of pillows in standard and king sizes.
A person should consider their individual needs and comfort levels before purchasing a pillow.
Customers may also want to consider environmental benefits, warranties, and return policies before making a purchase.
People should also ensure they get a good night’s sleep and see a doctor if lack of sleep interferes with daily activities.