We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the natural, active compounds in the cannabis plant. Many products contain CBD, including creams, tinctures, bath bombs, and edible gummies. These products may provide several health benefits, such as reducing pain, skin inflammation, and stress.
This article focuses on CBD foot creams. It explores the features that a person might wish to consider when choosing a product and looks at some creams that are available for purchase.
Quick links for the best CBD foot creams
- Best overall CBD foot cream: CBDfx Lavender Foot Cream
- Best CBD foot cream for athletes: NanoCraft CBD Sports Cream
- Best cooling CBD foot cream: CBDistillery Cooling Cream
- Best CBD foot balm for pain relief: Receptra CBD Serious Relief + Arnica Balm
- Best cooling CBD foot cream for pain relief: Bluebird Botanicals Hemp CBD Sport Lotion
- Best CBD foot lotion for relaxation: Lazarus Naturals Relax + Unwind Balm
- Best vegan CBD foot cream: Joy Organics CBD Cream
- Best CBD foot ointment: Charlotte’s Web Active Sports Pain Relief Stick
CBD has several potential benefits, including reducing foot pain related to a skin condition or inflammation.
CBD is different than another popular compound in the cannabis plant called delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Unlike CBD, THC has psychoactive properties that lead to a euphoric feeling, known as a “high.”
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), CBD is generally safe. However, adverse effects may occur if it interacts with medications.
There are various factors to consider when choosing a CBD foot cream. For example, a person may prefer a product made from hemp that has grown in the United States and is free from harmful chemicals.
Some other considerations include:
- Ingredients: Some products contain THC, whereas others have only a trace amount or none.
- Lab results: Some brands make their testing results available to the public.
- Third party labs: Many manufacturers claim that their products undergo third party testing for contaminants.
- Dosage: A person should generally start with a product containing less CBD. If this is effective and safe, they may move on to products with more CBD. Learn about safe CBD dosages.
- Other features: For example, a CBD cream may be vegan friendly, meaning that the manufacturer did not use animal products at any stage of the production.
The type of CBD that each product contains is also an important factor. There are three types of CBD:
- Full-spectrum CBD: A full-spectrum product contains naturally occurring compounds in the cannabis plant and may contain
up to 0.3%THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: A broad-spectrum product contains the cannabis plant’s naturally occurring compounds but typically no THC.
- CBD isolate: These products contain CBD in its pure form, without the odor or taste of the plant. They also contain no traces of THC or other cannabinoids or plant compounds.
A wide range of CBD foot creams is available to purchase. Below, we look at eight of the best options to consider trying.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
Best overall CBD foot cream: CBDfx Lavender Foot Cream
|CBD content||500 mg|
The company says that its products are made from U.S.-grown hemp and are organic and cruelty-free. It also says that they contain no solvents, chemicals, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
This product’s lab report is available for public viewing on the company’s website.
Best CBD foot cream for athletes: NanoCraft CBD Sports Cream
|CBD content||500 mg|
Each 100-milliliter (ml) bottle of this cream contains 500 mg of broad-spectrum CBD, as well as menthol and arnica to soothe and cool aching muscles.
According to its makers, the product is:
- made in the U.S.
- chemical- and solvent-free
- vegan friendly
- lab tested
In addition, it contains no chemicals or solvents.
A person can view the company’s certificate of analysis and lab reports on its website.
Best cooling CBD foot cream: CBDistillery Cooling Cream
|CBD content||500 mg|
This cooling cream contains 500 mg of broad-spectrum CBD per 50 ml. It also contains coconut, shea butter, and aloe vera, but no traces of THC, according to the company.
CBDistillery says that it has certification from the U.S. Hemp Authority.
It uses natural farming processes and non-GMO hemp, and its products have undergone third party testing. Full lab results are available for public viewing on the company’s website.
Use code “MNT20” for 20% off.
Best CBD foot balm for pain relief: Receptra CBD Serious Relief + Arnica Balm
|CBD content||400 mg|
This full-spectrum balm is available in two strengths:
- The 400-mg option comes in a 35-gram (g) pot and costs $44.99.
- The 800-mg balm comes in a 70-g pot and costs $71.99.
The ingredients include arnica and jojoba to help reduce inflammation and swelling. The balm is naturally scented, and the company made it using a cold ethanol extraction process to extract a broader range of compounds.
The manufacturer has a Current Good Manufacturing Process certification, and its products undergo third party testing. A person can view the test results by scanning a product’s QR code.
Best cooling CBD foot cream for pain relief: Bluebird Botanicals Hemp CBD Sport Lotion
|CBD content||700 mg|
This tube contains 700 mg of full-spectrum CBD, and it is suitable for people with minor, temporary aches and pains. It contains wild mint to provide a cooling effect and other ingredients, such as coconut oil, to moisturize the skin.
Bluebird Botanicals suggests applying a dime-sized amount to the affected area twice a day.
The cream has undergone third-party testing, and it is free from harmful contaminants. The testing results are available on the company’s website.
The manufacturer uses hemp grown in Colorado on farms that use organic agricultural processes.
Best CBD foot lotion for relaxation: Lazarus Naturals Relax + Unwind Balm
|CBD content||1,000 mg|
This full-spectrum balm is available in 3,000-mg and 1,000-mg containers. It contains lavender and chamomile to promote relaxation, reduce inflammation, and moisturize the skin.
A person should note that this product is not vegan-friendly, as it also contains beeswax.
Third party testing has checked the product for potency, pesticides, and heavy metals, and the test results are available on the company’s website.
The company highlights its ethanol extraction process and the fact that it uses farms in Oregon that adhere to the state’s department of agriculture guidelines.
Best vegan CBD foot cream: Joy Organics CBD Cream
|CBD content||250 mg|
This cream contains 250 mg of broad-spectrum CBD. It helps nourish dry, cracked skin and soothes muscles and joints, according to Joy Organics.
The company also says that this product is 100% vegan-friendly and contains no THC. Joy Organics is a member of the U.S. Hemp Roundtable, a group of companies that have committed to making safe hemp and CBD products.
The company’s hemp is grown in the U.S. on farms that the Department of Agriculture has certified organic. Lab results from the products’ third party testing are available online.
Use code “healthcbd” for 15% off.
Best CBD foot ointment: Charlotte’s Web Active Sport Pain Relief Stick
|CBD content||600 mg|
Charlotte’s Web produces this product using THC-free hemp extract. The 30-g stick contains 600 mg of CBD.
The ingredients include beeswax, menthol, frankincense, and jojoba to soothe and relax the muscles.
The manufacturer uses U.S.-grown hemp from organic farms, and not all items hold the organic certification.
Use code “HEALTH20” for 20% off.
CBD may help ease foot pain in some cases, but it should not be a substitute for prescription medication.
A person should seek professional medical attention if they experience any of these symptoms:
- severe, persistent, or worsening foot pain
- pain that interferes with quality of life
- severe, persistent, or worsening swelling
- change in foot temperature
- change in skin color
Here, we answer some commonly asked questions about using CBD for foot pain.
Does CBD foot cream work?
There is little research on CBD and foot pain specifically. However, there is some evidence that CBD can
Can CBD cream help neuropathy in the feet?
Researchers have not thoroughly investigated the effect of CBD on nerve issues such as neuropathy. However, an
It is important to note that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not yet approved Sativex.
A person should talk with a doctor if they are interested in trying CBD for neuropathic foot pain.
Is CBD good for foot pain?
CBD foot creams may help soothe and hydrate the skin and relieve pain in the feet.
When selecting a cream, people should consider opting for an organic one that has been through third party testing for quality and safety. It is also best to consider brands that make the lab results for their products readily available.