We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Hum Nutrition allows people to receive a personalized supplement plan according to their health goals and lifestyle. As part of this subscription, individuals also have access to a nutritionist for advice and support.
Hum Nutrition is an online retailer that sells a variety of different vitamins and supplements. The company uses a personalized monthly subscription service where a person completes a short 3-minute quiz detailing their health goals, preferences, and needs.
After they complete the quiz, Hum Nutrition’s nutritionists create a personalized supplement plan bespoke to the individual. A person receives the products from their personalized plan every month directly to their door.
The company originally began focusing on skin and beauty products. However, it has since expanded to offer vitamin and mineral supplements.
Hum Nutrition has three categories of products, including:
- Skin: for acne + breakouts, dryness, firmness, and fine lines.
- Body: for gut health, detox + cleanse, bloating, weight and fitness, and immunity.
- Women’s Health: for vaginal health, premenstrual syndrome, prenatal health, and menopausal symptoms.
- Mood: for sleep, stress, and energy.
- Hair + Nails.
Hum Nutrition provides a personalized supplement plan according to a person’s needs, preferences, and goals. This makes the service unique, as many companies simply allow individuals to choose whichever they think they need. The personalized service may mean someone can benefit from a supplement they had not considered before.
A subscription with Hum Nutrition also provides access to a registered dietician nutritionist. This nutritionist can answer questions about the supplements at any time and provide general health advice to help someone reach their goals.
The company also reportedly commits to providing clean and clinical ingredients. Hum Nutrition has the following certifications:
- Clean Label Project Certified
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-compliant
- Free from genetically modified organisms (GMO)
Below, we list some advantages and disadvantages of Hum Nutrition.
- subscription provides access to a nutritionist for no extra charge
- plans are specific to an individual based on health needs, preferences, and goals
- products are third-party tested
- all supplements are free from gluten
- discounts available for 3-month subscriptions
- sign up is necessary for a monthly subscription to purchase from Hum Nutrition
- more expensive than some competitors
- not all products are suitable for vegans
- the company makes some claims about some products or ingredients without scientific backing
Below, are some examples of products a person can receive from Hum Nutrition.
All products undergo third-party testing, are free from GMOs, are made in a GMP-registered facility, and are Clean Label Project Certified.
- Price: $26
- Type: vegan capsules
The Gut Instinct probiotic blend contains 10 strains of bacteria to support healthy gut and digestion and boost immunity. A
The 10 strains contain forms of the following bacteria:
The product is a vegetarian capsule and contains no dairy products. It is suitable for those following a vegan diet.
The company recommends taking 1 capsule daily at any time on an empty stomach.
- Price: $26
- Type: gummies
These gummies may support the immune system and overall health.
The gummies contain the following key ingredients:
- Vitamin C: Has a variety of health benefits — research shows it provides immune system support.
- Zinc: According to Hum Nutrition, this is an essential mineral for immune system health. The evidence for the importance of zinc for a healthy immune system has increased in recent years.
- Elderberry extract: A
2021 reviewconcludes that elderberry extract may help treat viral illnesses. However, the researchers note that further research on its benefits and risks is necessary.
These gummies are suitable for vegans and are berry-flavored. However, they contain 3 grams of sugar per serving. The company recommends taking 2 gummies daily at any time of day, with or without food.
- Price: $33
- Type: softgels
This product can reportedly help support even skin tone, heart health, and brain health.
The softgels contain the following ingredients:
- Ultra-pure fish oil:
Research from 2022states that fish oil is beneficial for heart health and may even help prevent heart disease. A 2020 reviewsuggests that fish oil can improve skin inflammation and be beneficial for skin conditions such as acne.
- Vitamin E: The company states that vitamin E supports healthy, glowing skin. A
2021 reviewstates that it plays an important role in maintaining skin health.
The product contains fish oil, so it is unsuitable for vegans. The company recommends taking 2 softgels daily at any time, with food.
- Price: $26
- Type: gummies
According to Hum Nutrition, these gummies can enhance sleep quality and digestive health.
Ingredients in these gummies include:
- Melatonin: One 2022 review article states that melatonin deficiency may contribute to sleep disorders. However, the researchers also say that there is little scientific evidence to suggest that melatonin supplementation improves sleep difficulties.
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) prebiotic fiber: A 2021 review suggests that FOS prebiotic fiber has a variety of benefits, including improving digestion and reducing the risk of heart disease and some cancers.
- Calming botanicals: These include chamomile, passionflower, and lemon balm, which Hum Nutrition claims supports relaxation. A 2023 review lists all of these ingredients as relaxation aids that can help improve sleep.
These gummies are suitable for vegans. They may be unsuitable for those who cannot tolerate FODMAPs, such as those with irritable bowel syndrome, as FOS is a FODMAP that may trigger bloating and flatulence.
Hum Nutrition recommends taking 2 gummies, with or without food, 20 minutes before going to bed.
- Price: $26
- Type: capsules
These capsules may help improve energy levels and cognitive function.
The Uber Energy capsules contain:
- Eleuthero and Asian (Panax) Ginseng: This reportedly may help reduce mental and physical fatigue. A 2019 review confirms that Panax ginseng can reduce fatigue, including mental fatigue.
- Ashwagandha: A 2022 study showed that the ashwagandha herb improved energy levels, mental clarity, and sleep quality in college students.
- Vitamin B5 + B6: A 2019 review states that B5 and B6 vitamins can increase energy levels. However, the clinical evidence is limited for these effects in people without deficiencies in these vitamins.
The Uber Energy capsules are suitable for vegans. Hum Nutrition recommends taking 2 capsules daily with food.
All of Hum Nutrition’s products undergo third-party testing. The third parties test for purity, strength, composition, and contaminants.
The company claims each product goes beyond GMP standards to ensure the highest possible quality.
Hum Nutrition claims the company uses the best suppliers and only uses active ingredients that show positive results in clinical scientific trials.
The company also says it excludes ingredients that can be harmful or do not meet its safety and quality standards. Hums calls this the “tricky 12,” which comprise:
- artificial colors, preservatives, sweeteners, or flavors
- high fructose corn syrup
- hydrogenated oils
- magnesium silicate
- titanium dioxide
- EDTA and derivatives
- pharmaceutical glaze
A person may wish to consider any side effects of these supplements, which they can discuss with their assigned nutritionist.
In addition, individuals may wish to consult an assigned nutritionist or healthcare professional before taking supplements. Topics to discuss may include:
- any medications, other supplements, or herbal products a person is currently taking
- any allergies or medical conditions
- if a person is pregnant or breastfeeding
- individuals under the age of 18
A person should take care when introducing new supplements into their diet. They need to seek guidance from a nutritionist and may wish to introduce these supplements gradually.
Some alternatives to Hum Nutrition include:
- Care/Of: This personalized vitamin company provides daily vitamin packs. The company also stocks powders for drinks. The Care/Of website lists scientific research behind each ingredient in each of its products. Prices of each supplement range between $7 and $19 each for a month’s supply.
- Ritual: Ritual offers various multivitamins and other supplements for people of different life stages. The company also offers supplements for pregnancy, gut health, skin, and protein powders. Prices cost between $30 and $40 for individual products for a 1-month supply. Using this service, a person chooses their own products rather than receiving a personalized plan. Learn more about Ritual here.
- Persona Nutrition: Persona Nutrition also provides personalized supplement packs once a person fills in the quiz detailing health goals, diet, and lifestyle. This service also allows a person access to a nutritionist to ask for advice and for any information about the products. However, the company does not appear to use third-party product testing. The cost is between $1.68 and $26.04 for individual products for a 28-day supply.
Below is a comparison table comparing the above alternative products to Hum Nutrition.
|Cost range for individual products
|Personalized plans available
|$12–$60 per product
|$7–$19 per product
• protein powders
|$30–$40 per product
|$1.68–$26.04 per product
Below we answer some of the more commonly asked questions about Hum nutrition.
Hum has an overall positive brand reputation, with hundreds of positive reviews on its website.
On Trustpilot, negative reviews are regarding shipping and customer service.
Hum’s doses and formulations are based on scientific evidence. However, certain supplements may have side effects.
For example, a supplement containing iron such as Hum’s Base Control multivitamin may cause constipation and nausea.
Those who are under 18 years of age, pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any preexisting conditions, are advised to consult with a doctor before starting any supplements.
Yes. All Hum products undergo testing by third-party laboratories.
Hum Nutrition is an online retailer that sells a variety of supplements. A person takes a short quiz, and from this, a nutritionist provides a personalized supplement plan for an individual. However, the company does not offer these in daily vitamin packs like other competitors.
A person should take care to provide any information such as allergies, other medication they are currently taking, and other medical conditions to the nutritionist before taking a new supplement.