We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Signia are an international audio aid manufacturer selling a variety of different hearing aids and accessories.
This article explores the Signia brand, their products, alternative brands, and the importance of hearing health.
Signia claim they are one of the leading hearing aid brands. In 2015, the company began a working collaboration with Siemens to offer hearing aids in sleek and discreet styles. They have recently become a part of the WSAudiology company.
However, Signia do not have a listing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
The company do have a listing on Trustpilot but have very few reviews. The listed reviews are from users based in the Netherlands, so this may not reflect on the company within the United States.
Meanwhile, all the current reviews rate the company only 1 star and cite issues with Signia’s customer service and the need to repair their hearing products regularly.
Signia sell hearing equipment for mild to profound hearing loss. They also offer an online hearing test and a free hearing aid trial.
The company stock a wide range of hearing aids, with a few of the models and styles listed below. All these models are controllable via the app or with the miniPocket remote control.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Signia Styletto X
The Styletto X range is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aid, meaning it discreetly sits behind the ear and fits into the ear canal.
Models in the Styletto range are slim, discreet, and available in five color combinations.
The Styletto X is suitable for mild, moderate, and severe hearing loss. It also features motion sensors to optimize hearing in every situation.
Signia Silk X
The Silk X is a completely-in-canal (CIC) style of hearing aid. This means that they are custom-fitted into the ear canal and are one of the smallest models available.
The CIC type of hearing aid is suitable for mild to moderately severe hearing loss.
Signia claim the Silk X will instantly fit a user due to the silicone Click Sleeves. This model is available in black and mocha colors.
Signia sell four different types of models in the Signia Pure range. They are another type of RIC hearing aid.
All Pure models are suitable for mild, moderate, severe, and profound hearing loss.
All the Pure models are available in a wide selection of colors.
Accessories and apps
People can connect their Signia hearing products to the brand’s other products and apps, including the below:
- Signia App: Allows a person to control volume and access 24/7 customer service. It also features Mask Mode, which helps a person wearing a hearing aid better understand people wearing face masks.
- Signia Assistant: Part of the Signia App, which is available for iOS and Android smartphones. The assistant tailors to a customer’s individual preferences.
- StreamLine Mic: A person can connect this microphone to any Bluetooth device, including mobile phones, PCs, laptops, and smart assistants.
- StreamLine TV: Feeds audio from a TV directly into a person’s hearing aids.
- Accessories: People can also purchase portable chargers, batteries, and a miniPocket remote control.
The Signia website states a person cannot order directly from the company. Those wishing to purchase the brand’s products can do so from an audiologist or hearing center.
A person should have their hearing tested by an audiologist if they believe they are experiencing hearing loss. The audiologist can tell an individual how severe their hearing loss is and recommend an appropriate type and style of hearing aid.
However, there are some nonprofit organizations that may offer financial assistance, as medical insurance does not tend to cover the cost.
Information about Signia’s warranties and return policies is not readily available online.
There are many hearing aid products and brands available in the U.S. A few alternative brands include:
- MDHearingAid: Offer low-cost models of hearing aid. Learn more about MDHearingAid here.
- Starkey: An international hearing aid company based in the U.S. Learn more about Starkey hearing aids here.
- Beltone: A global hearing aid brand with many physical hearing care centers based in the U.S.
A person may also consider surgery to receive a cochlear implant, an electronic device implanted to assist with hearing. Health insurance may cover this type of surgery, but not in all cases.
- taking breaks from noisy activities
- standing as far away as possible from the source of the noise
- wearing hearing protection in noisy areas
- if using earplugs, ensuring a person inserts them correctly
- keeping the volume to a safe level if listening to music
Common symptoms of hearing loss can include:
- difficulty hearing others or understanding what others are saying, particularly in noisy settings
- regularly asking people to repeat themselves
- turning the television or music up to a high volume
- having to use more concentration to understand others
- finding it difficult to hear on the phone
- difficulty keeping up in conversation
A hearing aid help magnify the sound vibrations that enter the ear. Research shows they can have a beneficial effect on those with mild and moderate hearing loss.
However, a 2015 study concludes that over-the-counter (OTC) hearing aids do not help as much as prescription hearing aids. Despite this, the
An audiologist can help a person change their prescription if needed. Hearing aid users should ensure they get a follow-up appointment every 2–3 years or following any significant changes in their hearing.
Signia sell various types and styles of hearing aids and cater to those with mild to profound hearing loss.
A person should consult with an audiologist to determine what kind of hearing aid is right for them.