We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Signia is an international audio aid manufacturer selling a range of different hearing aids and accessories. This article explores the Signia brand, their products, alternative brands, and the importance of hearing health.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Signia claims they are one of the leading hearing aid brands. In 2015, the company began working with Siemens to offer hearing aids in sleek and discreet styles. Signia has recently become a part of the WSAudiology company.
- Sells hearing aids for both mild and profound hearing loss
- Free online hearing tests are available
- Signia offers a hearing aid trial
- Option to control hearing aids via the app or a remote control
- Different styles available
- Sells various accessories
- Customers can speak with an audiologist via the app
- Limited reviews on the Better Business Bureau and Trustpilot
- Some customer reviews mention poor customer service and the need for regular repair
- A person cannot order directly from the company
- Signia products cannot be purchased online
- May be expensive
Signia hearing aids are suitable for people with mild, moderate, severe, or profound hearing loss. There are various styles available to suit most people’s needs.
An app is necessary to use Signia hearing aids. However, the company also offers the option of purchasing a remote control to control the hearing aids.
Signia sells hearing equipment for mild to profound hearing loss. They also offer an online hearing test and a free hearing aid trial.
The company stocks a wide range of hearing aids, with a few models and styles listed below. These models are controllable via the app or miniPocket remote control.
The Styletto X range is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aid, which sits discreetly behind the ear and fits into the ear canal.
Models in the Styletto range are slim, discreet, and available in five color combinations.
The Styletto X is suitable for mild, moderate, and severe hearing loss. It also features motion sensors to optimize hearing in every situation.
The Silk X is a completely-in-canal (CIC) style of hearing aid. This means that they are custom-fitted into the ear canal and are one of the smallest models available.
The CIC type of hearing aid is suitable for mild to moderately severe hearing loss.
Signia claims the Silk X will instantly fit a user due to the silicone Click Sleeves. This model is available in black and mocha colors.
Signia sells four different types of models in the Signia Pure range. They are another type of RIC hearing aid.
All Pure models are suitable for mild, moderate, severe, and profound hearing loss.
All the Pure models are available in a wide selection of colors.
Accessories and apps
People can connect their Signia hearing products to the brand’s other products and apps, including the below:
- Signia App: Allows a person to control volume and access 24/7 customer service. It also features Mask Mode, which helps a person wearing a hearing aid better understand people wearing face masks.
- Signia Assistant: Part of the Signia App, which is available for iOS and Android smartphones. The assistant tailors to a customer’s individual preferences.
- StreamLine Mic: A person can connect this microphone to any Bluetooth device, including mobile phones, PCs, laptops, and smart assistants.
- StreamLine TV: Feeds audio from a TV directly into a person’s hearing aids.
- Accessories: People can also purchase portable chargers, batteries, and a miniPocket remote control.
Signia does not have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) listing.
The company has a listing on Trustpilot but has very few reviews. They currently have an average customer rating of 2.4 out of 5 stars.
The listed reviews are from users in the Netherlands, so this may not reflect the company within the United States.
Meanwhile, all but one of the current reviews rate the company only 1 star and cite issues with Signia’s customer service and the need to repair their hearing products regularly. The other review awards 4 stars and states they had a positive experience with their hearing aids.
The Signia website states a person cannot order directly from the company. Those wishing to purchase the brand’s products can do so from an audiologist or hearing center.
Signia products are available online from some websites, such as Zip Hearing.
A person should have their hearing tested by an audiologist if they believe they are experiencing hearing loss. The audiologist can tell an individual how severe their hearing loss is and recommend an appropriate type and style of hearing aid.
However, some nonprofit organizations may offer financial assistance, as medical insurance does not tend to cover the cost.
Information about Signia’s warranties and return policies is not readily available online.
There are many hearing aid products and brands available in the U.S. Below, we provide a side-by-side comparison of Signia and some competitors:
|Hearing loss||Mild to profound||Mild to moderate||Not stated||Mild to severe|
|How to control||App or remote control||App||App or manual||App or remote control|
|Online purchase available?||No||Yes||No||Yes|
- taking breaks from noisy activities
- standing as far away as possible from the source of the noise
- wearing hearing protection in noisy areas
- if using earplugs, ensuring a person inserts them correctly
- keeping the volume to a safe level if listening to music
Common symptoms of hearing loss can include:
- difficulty hearing others or understanding what others are saying, particularly in noisy settings
- regularly asking people to repeat themselves
- turning the television or music up to a high volume
- having to use more concentration to understand others
- finding it difficult to hear on the phone
- difficulty keeping up in conversation
A hearing aid help magnify the sound vibrations that enter the ear. Research shows they can have a beneficial effect on those with mild and moderate hearing loss.
However, a 2015 study concludes that over-the-counter (OTC) hearing aids do not help as much as prescription hearing aids. Despite this, the
An audiologist can help a person change their prescription if needed. Hearing aid users should ensure they get a follow-up appointment every 2–3 years or following any significant changes in their hearing.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions about Signia hearing aids:
How long do Signia hearing aids last?
Most hearing aids last for approximately three to seven years. Behind-the-ear models may have a longer lifespan than in-the-ear models.
Signia does not provide an estimated time window in which their products should last.
Where are Signia hearing aids made?
Signia does not specify where it manufactures its products. Signia operates in 120 different countries. However, Signia is part of the WS Audiology company, which has its headquarters in Denmark.
What is the best Signia hearing aid?
The answer to this would depend on a person’s hearing loss and personal needs.
For example, a person with severe hearing loss may benefit the most from a behind-the-ear model. In contrast, someone with mild hearing loss may prefer one of Signia’s discreet in-ear styles.
Signia sells various types and styles of hearing aids and cater to those with mild to profound hearing loss.
A person should consult with an audiologist to determine what kind of hearing aid is right for them.