We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Warby Parker sell vision products online and in physical stores. The company offers a range of eyeglasses, contacts, and services such as eye tests.
This article discusses the Warby Parker brand, its reputation, what it offers, alternatives, and how vision products relate to eye health.
Warby Parker began trading in 2010, with the brand aiming to sell fashionable eyewear at a low cost.
The company offers:
- prescription and non-prescription eyeglasses
- reading glasses
- contacts, including daily contacts
- accessories, including glasses cases, glass-cleaning kits, and chains
Warby Parker also offers blue light lenses, which are available for any frame. These lenses reportedly protect the eyes from blue light from computer screens.
In addition to these products, the company offers the following services:
- eye tests in its physical stores
- guides on how to take measurements of a person’s pupil distance and other specifications
- a choice of lens options, including single vision, progressive, light-responsive, or high-index for strong prescriptions
- guides for purchasing lenses or sunglasses
One of Warby Parker’s key services is its Home Try-On program, where a person can try on glasses at home without needing to buy them.
With this service, people answer questions online about their preferences, tastes, and their face shape. The company then provides a listing of frames according to their responses.
A person picks five frames to try, which Warby Parker delivers to their address. People can test these frames at home for up to 5 days before returning them.
Warby Parker products tend to be cheaper than similar models available in physical stores, but it is not the cheapest available online retailer.
Warby Parker reviews are generally positive. However, common complaints cite the company’s response to various issues, such as difficulty ordering, poorly fitting glasses, and slow delivery.
- Warby Parker sells blue light lenses.
- The company offers a Home Try-On program.
- People can go to Warby Parker stores to receive eye exams.
- The company offers free shipping.
- Warby Parker has a ‘Buy A Pair, Give A Pair’ scheme, meaning for every purchase made, it donates a pair of glasses to a person in need.
- Some reviewers state that they experienced difficulty ordering glasses, slow delivery, and poorly fitting glasses.
- Warby Parker does not sell any brands apart from its own.
- The company’s virtual try-on feature requires a person to download an app that is only available on iOS.
Warby Parker caters to adults and children who live in the United States and Canada.
The company offers prescription and nonprescription eyewear, including sunglasses. However, those who are looking to purchase designer glasses may prefer to shop elsewhere, as Warby Parker only carries their own brands.
Warby Parker offers several products and services.
The company offers eye examinations in its physical stores. People can find their closest Warby Parker store through the company’s website.
The company also has a Buy A Pair, Give A Pair scheme. This means that for every purchase a person makes, the company will donate a pair of glasses to somebody in need.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Warby Parker offers prescription and nonprescription eyeglasses and sunglasses on its website for males and females.
People can filter frames on:
- nose bridge fit
Additionally, the company offers a free Home Try-On program where a person selects up to five frames to try them on at home before they commit to a purchase. The shipping for these frames is free.
Each pair of glasses or sunglasses comes with scratch-resistant, anti-reflective lenses that also block UV rays as standard.
All glasses start from $95, including prescription lenses.
People can choose between the following contact lens brands:
- Scout by Warby Parker
- Air Optix
People will need their most recent prescription to order contact lenses from Warby Parker. The company also offers contact lenses that are suitable for people with astigmatism.
Warby Parker offers a 30-day return and exchange guarantee if the contact lenses are in the original, unopened, box.
Warby Parker offers a free app that people can use to shop for eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses, and to keep track of their prescriptions and orders.
Additionally, those who own an iPhone X or newer models can use this app to virtually try on frames and measure their pupillary distance.
However, this app is only available on the App Store. People with Android or other operating systems will not be able to download this app.
A person can either purchase Warby Parker products online or in-store.
A person must create an account to order through the company’s website. Once they have chosen their frames and lenses, they must upload a picture of their glass prescription if necessary.
To order contact lenses, a person will need a valid contact lens prescription.
If people do not have a valid eyeglass or contact lens prescription they must give Warby Parker their eye doctor’s details so the company can contact them directly.
Shipping will take around 7-10 business days. Shipping may be quicker for nonprescription glasses, contact lenses, and frames that people wish to try on at home.
Warby Parker offers free shipping and free returns and exchanges within 30 days.
Warby Parker has a 6-month no-scratch guarantee. If any lenses become scratched during this time, the company will replace the glasses for free.
The company does not appear to have any other warranty information on its website.
Below is a table comparing Warby Parker to some of its competitors.
|Warby Parker||GlassesUSA||Zenni Optical||LensCrafters|
• contact lenses
• contact lenses
|Brands||own brand||• designer|
• own brand
• own brand
• own brand
|Warranties||6-month no-scratch guarantee||365-day warranty||30-days||30-days|
|Online or physical location?||both||online||online||both|
Learn more about these brands here:
- GlassesUSA review
- Zenni Optical review
- LensCrafters review
People interested in purchasing eyewear online have numerous retailers to choose from, including:
- GlassesUSA: Offer a large selection of vision products, including prescription eyeglasses, kids’ glasses, sports glasses, and multifocal lenses. The company also has a virtual try-on feature, a virtual mirror to help people find their frame size, and a free app that can scan prescriptions from a person’s existing glasses.
- Zenni Optical: This online eyewear retailer features low prices but does not stock big-name brands. It also has a virtual try-on option where people can see what certain frames will look like on them.
- LensCrafters: This company sells eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses online and in physical stores. Its product line includes several designer brands, such as Oakley and Ray-Ban lenses, alongside its branded frames. It also offers eye exams in its physical stores.
Eyeglasses and other vision products play a significant role in an individual’s health. The following factors are important to consider when purchasing any product for the eyes:
- Materials: Lenses can comprise different materials, such as plastic, high-impact-resistant polycarbonate, high index plastic, and more. A person may wish to consider their needs and choose appropriate lens options.
- Coatings: Certain coatings can reduce ultraviolet radiation and glare. In addition, an anti-reflective coating may help people who have trouble seeing at night when driving.
- Pricing: Higher prices do not necessarily mean a better quality pair of glasses, while high quality might not correspond to high prices.
- Returns: Check the company’s returns policy to make sure it is possible to address any product issues after purchase.
A person’s primary doctor may examine eyes during yearly physicals. However, people should also see an eye doctor, such as an optometrist, regularly to screen for potential vision changes and eye conditions.
A person should contact an eye doctor
- blurry vision
- red, swollen, or painful eyes
- not seeing objects in focus even while wearing glasses or contact lenses
- a change in vision
People should also contact an eye doctor if a healthcare professional recommends they receive a dilated eye exam.
dilated eye examsregularly, according to age and other risk factors
- assessing risk factors for eye disease, such as family history, ethnic background, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- following a healthy diet, with plenty of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids and dark, leafy greens
- getting regular exercise
- avoiding smoking
- wearing sunglasses and other forms of protective eyewear during work and other activities when appropriate
- taking short breaks every 20 minutes when working at a computer
Protecting the eyes by wearing suitable quality eyeglasses and sunglasses is also a significant step in maintaining healthy vision.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions about Warby Parker.
Is Warby Parker a reputable company?
Warby Parker has generally positive reviews, although some reviewers state that they experienced delays in delivery and poorly fitting glasses.
The Better Business Bureau does not have any warnings against this company.
Are Warby Parker glasses low quality?
Warby Parker states that designing the frames in-house means they can produce higher-quality glasses.
How do I add my prescription to Warby Parker?
A person can take a photograph of their prescription and upload this to their Warby Parker account.
Alternatively, they can input their eye doctor’s details and Warby Parker will contact them to obtain a copy of the prescription.
What is so special about Warby Parker glasses?
Warby Parker designs its glasses in-house, making the frames slightly cheaper than some competitors.
However, those who want to purchase designer frames may prefer to shop elsewhere, as the company only offers own-brand frames.
Warby Parker sells a variety of vision products, including prescription or nonprescription glasses, sunglasses, and contacts. It also offers a range of services such as eye exams.
The company’s products are available online or in physical stores.
The company also features a home trial program, allowing customers to try on five different frames at home for 5 days.