We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Warby Parker sell vision products online and in physical stores. They offer a range of eyeglasses, contacts, and services such as eye tests.
This article discusses the Warby Parker brand, their reputation, what they offer, alternatives, and how vision products relate to eye health.
Warby Parker began trading in 2010, with the brand aiming to sell fashionable eyewear at a low cost.
The company offer:
- prescription and non-prescription eyeglasses
- reading glasses
- contacts, including daily contacts
- accessories, including glasses cases, glass-cleaning kits, and chains
Warby Parker also offer blue light lenses, which are available for any frame. These lenses reportedly protect the eyes from blue light from computer screens.
In addition to these products, the company offer the following services:
- eye tests in their physical stores
- guides on how to take measurements of a person’s pupil distance and other specifications
- a choice of lens options, including single vision, progressive, light-responsive, or high-index for strong prescriptions
- guides for purchasing lenses or sunglasses
One of Warby Parker’s key services is its Home Try-On program, where a person can try on glasses at home without needing to buy them.
With this service, people answer questions online about their preferences, tastes, and their face shape. The company then provide a listing of frames according to their responses.
A person picks five frames to try, which Warby Parker deliver to their address. People can test these frames at home for up to 5 days before returning them.
Warby Parker products tend to be cheaper than similar models available in physical stores, but they are not the cheapest available online retailer.
Warby Parker reviews are generally positive. However, common complaints cite the company’s response to various issues, such as difficulty ordering, poorly fitting glasses, and slow delivery.
People interested in purchasing eyewear online have numerous retailers to choose from, including:
- GlassesUSA: Offer a large selection of vision products, including prescription eyeglasses, kids’ glasses, sports glasses, and multifocal lenses. The company also have a virtual try-on feature, a virtual mirror to help people find their frame size, and a free app that can scan prescriptions from a person’s existing glasses.
- Zenni Optical: This online eyewear retailer feature low prices but do not stock big-name brands. They also have a virtual try-on option where people can see how certain frames will look like on them.
- LensCrafters: This company sell eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses online and in physical stores. Their product line includes several designer brands, such as Oakley and Ray-Ban lenses, alongside their branded frames. They also offer eye exams in their physical stores.
Eyeglasses and other vision products play a significant role in an individual’s health. The following factors are important to consider when purchasing any product for the eyes:
- Materials: Lenses can comprise different materials, such as plastic, high-impact-resistant polycarbonate, high index plastic, and more. A person may wish to consider their needs and choose appropriate lens options.
- Coatings: Certain coatings can reduce ultraviolet radiation and glare. In addition, an anti-reflective coating may help people who have trouble seeing at night when driving.
- Pricing: Higher prices do not necessarily mean a better quality pair of glasses, while high quality might not correspond to high prices.
- Returns: Check the company’s returns policy to make sure it is possible to address any product issues after purchase.
dilated eye examsregularly, according to age and other risk factors
- assessing risk factors for eye disease, such as family history, ethnic background, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- following a healthy diet, with plenty of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids and dark, leafy greens
- getting regular exercise
- avoiding smoking
- wearing sunglasses and other forms of protective eyewear during work and other activities when appropriate
- taking short breaks every 20 minutes when working at a computer
Protecting the eyes by wearing suitable quality eyeglasses and sunglasses is also a significant step in maintaining healthy vision.
Warby Parker sell a variety of vision products, including prescription or non-prescription glasses, sunglasses, and contacts. They also offer a range of services such as eye exams.
Their products are available online or in physical stores.
The company also feature a home trial program, allowing customers to try on five different frames at home for 5 days.