We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Solara Medical Supplies sells products that can help people monitor diabetes. These products include lancets, testing strips, and continuous glucose monitors (CGM).
This article discusses what Solara Medical Supplies is, what products it sells, and how it compares against other companies.
Solara sells devices for people with diabetes, including:
- insulin pumps
- test strips
At the time of publication, Solara holds accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB currently gives the company a B grade. People on the BBB website give the company an average of 1.02 out of 5 stars.
The highest review on the BBB page gives the company 2 out of 5 stars. The authors of reviews state that they experienced delays in receiving devices and that the company did not communicate shipping delays or issues confirming prescriptions.
Solara provides medical supplies for adults and children with diabetes.
People can place a new order or change a preexisting one on the company website.
Solara is a Medicare provider and works with over 300 insurance providers, which may make the products more accessible.
Solara works with over 300 medical healthcare insurance providers, which means a person will be able to use their insurance for most products. The company is also a Medicare provider.
When an individual signs up, they can reorder supplies at any time and pay through the Solara secure portal. The company then delivers the supplies to a person’s home.
The company states that it has three Diabetes Centers of Excellence. The people working in these centers can answer questions about products, insurance, and Medicare coverage and can process all orders.
Solara works with clinicians, diabetes experts, and nonprofit organizations to support children with diabetes.
Below, we list some pros and cons of Solara Medical Supplies:
- It is partners with over 300 healthcare insurance providers.
- It is a Medicare provider.
- It offers care for both children and adults.
- It has an easy reordering process in place.
- Some customers claim that products arrive several weeks later than agreed.
- There is no pricing information on the company website.
- Some customers say that the company does not communicate issues with orders.
Please note, the writer has not tested these products. All information is research-based.
Solara stocks a wide range of diabetes supplies, including CGMs and insulin pumps.
A nonexhaustive list of brands and products Solara supplies includes:
- Senseonics: This CGM is suitable for 90 days of continuous wear.
- Freestyle: Examples include a Libre sensor kit, a 14-day reader, a 14-day sensor, a Lite meter kit, and various test strips. Learn more about FreeStyle Libre here.
- Contour Next: These include glucose meters and test strips.
- Dexcom: The brand sells CGMs, sensors, receivers, and transmitters. Learn more about Dexcom here.
- Ketostix: These are urine testing strips.
- Medtronic: This brand manufactures sensors, transmitters, insulin pumps, infusion sets, tubing, and more.
- One Touch: One Touch offers test strips, lancets, glucose meters, and control solutions. Learn more about some of the best lancets here.
- Sure Comfort: The brand offers lancets, pen needles, and insulin syringes.
Solara does not provide any pricing information on its website.
People can order by using Solara secure payment portal or by noting the product’s SKU number and calling Solara directly.
Byram Healthcare states it is a convenient and affordable option to purchase medical supplies. The company says that most of its supplies ship within 3 days of ordering.
Medtronic manufactures diabetes supplies. It has a wide range of supplies, from insulin pumps and GMs to lancets and test strips. The company offers treatments for children and adults.
In the table below, we compare Solara with these other companies:
|Additional services||caters to children||educational resources||CareLink software to share data with a doctor|
partnered with over 300 insurance providers
partnered with over 600 insurance providers
|no information available|
According to research, the number of American adults with diabetes will increase by 54% by the year 2030.
Prediabetes is a condition where a person has high blood sugar level but not high enough for a doctor to diagnose type 2 diabetes. If a person has prediabetes, they are
People can access the
- education about healthy eating
- advice on regular exercise
- information on motivation, problem solving, and managing stress
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about Solara Medical Supplies:
How does a person use a CGM?
Solara Medical Supplies offers several CGMs. People should always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using a device.
Usually, a CGM works by
How does a person use an insulin pump?
Solara Medical Supplies stocks insulin pumps from several manufacturers. People should always read and follow the instructions provided when using a device.
To use an insulin pump, a person needs to
Does Solara accept insurance?
Solara is a Medicare provider and has a partnership with over 300 different health insurance providers.
If a person is unsure whether Solara partners with their insurance, they can get in touch with the company.
A person should consult a doctor if they have any signs or symptoms of diabetes. These include:
- excessive thirst, hunger, or tiredness
- unusually frequent urination, especially during sleep time
- blurry vision
- unintentional weight loss
- slow wound healing
Additionally, a person with diabetes should make regular appointments with a doctor to ensure that their medication is working to manage their symptoms.
Solara Medical Supplies stocks devices and products that people can use to manage diabetes. The company offers devices that are suitable for adults and children.
Solara is a Medicare provider and has partnerships with over 300 insurance providers. People can contact the company to make sure their insurance covers the devices Solara stocks.