We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Home treadmills offer a convenient way to gain the benefits of physical activity without going to the gym. The Sole F63 Treadmill is one option that people can purchase online.
This article explores what the Sole F63 Treadmill is, its features, the health benefits and risks of using a treadmill, and alternative pieces of exercise equipment to buy.
When Sole Fitness began manufacturing gym equipment, it originally supplied treadmills to hotels. While the company still works with hotel groups, such as Hilton Hotels, Omni Hotels, and Monaco Hotels, it now sells exercise equipment for home use.
Sole Fitness sells various exercise equipment online, including:
At the time of publishing, the company has a rating of 3 stars out of 5 on Trustpilot. Positive reviews state that the brand’s customer service is helpful and prompt when replying to queries. Other reviewers say that the exercise equipment they purchased was good quality, sturdy, and easy to assemble.
However, negative reviews stated that Sole Fitness did not update customers on shipping delays. Others said the assembly instructions were unclear, and they had to guess which part went where. Several reviewers also mentioned issues with customer service, especially when trying to arrange repairs.
The Sole F63 has the following pros and cons:
- Reviewers state that Sole customer service is good and products are of high quality.
- The treadmill is suitable for all fitness levels.
- The treadmill has a space-saving foldable design.
- It is possible to stream music and entertainment.
- The treadmill comes with a chest strap for heart rate monitoring.
- Some reviewers state that the company has poor customer service, does not communicate clearly, and provides unclear assembly instructions.
- The treadmill has limited features in comparison to some of its competitors.
- The treadmill does not have a touch screen.
- The Sole F63 has a low powered fan.
The Sole F63 is suitable for walkers and joggers of all fitness levels.
The treadmill also features a space-saving fold-up design, so it may be ideal for those who have limited storage space.
Additionally, the F63 has a Cushion Flex Whisper Deck that may help reduce impact on the joints. The company claims that this technology can reduce joint impact by 40%, meaning the treadmill may be suitable for those susceptible to joint pain.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
The Sole F63 Treadmill is suitable for individuals of all fitness levels.
This machine features a 3-horsepower motor and a top speed of 12 miles per hour (mph). Sole Fitness states that this treadmill’s deck reduces wear and tear on a user’s joints by up to 40%. The machine also offers 15 different incline levels and adapts smoothly to adjustments during a workout.
The Sole F63 treadmill weighs 254 pounds (lb) and is suitable for users weighing up to 325 lb. Users can fold and lock the treadmill into place for safe storage.
This product has the following dimensions:
- Height: 66 inches (in)
- Length: 82 in
- Width: 35 in
Other key features of this product include:
- a 6.5-in LCD screen that displays fitness metrics, including speed, incline, pulse, and calories burned
- integrated tablet holder and Bluetooth speakers for streaming music and entertainment
- six preset workout programs, including cardio training and fat burning
- speed, incline, and built-in fan controls
- a USB port for charging devices during workouts
- ability to sync with exercise data apps, such as Fitbit and MyFitnessPal
- adjustable handlebars
The safety features of the Sole F63 Treadmill include a slow start at 1 mph, a large stop switch, and a low-profile running hood.
Sole Fitness offers a 1-year labor warranty, a 3-year warranty on the running deck, including electronics and parts, and a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor.
There are several other treadmills available to buy online that an individual may consider, including:
- Horizon T101: This product features integrated speakers with Bluetooth connectivity, a device holder, a USB port for charging devices, and a continuous 2.5-horsepower motor. The treadmill has a top speed of 10 mph and an incline of up to 10%. Users can access five preset programs, while the treadmill’s display unit displays calories burned, distance, time, speed, incline, and heart rate. This product is suitable for users who weigh up to 300 lb.
- Xterra TR150: This foldable treadmill has a 2.25-horsepower motor and a top speed of 10 mph. The Xterra TR150 has 12 preset exercise programs and three incline levels. Additionally, the machine features a 5-in LCD screen, an accessory tray for devices, wheels for extra portability, and handgrip pulse sensors on the handlebars to track heart rate. This treadmill is suitable for users who weigh up to 250 lb.
- Sunny Space Saving Treadmill: This product has a 2.5-horsepower motor with a maximum speed of 8 mph. The four-window display monitors time, speed, and calories burned, while the built-in pedometer tracks steps. The integrated tablet holder and MP3 sound system make it simple for people to connect their devices. The Sunny Space Saving Treadmill comes with a folding tool that helps people fold the treadmill flat and lock it into place. This product is suitable for those who weigh up to 220 lb.
The following table provides an at-a-glance comparison of these competitors.
|Sole F63||Horizon T101||Xterra TR150||Sunny Space Saving Treadmill|
|Maximum speed||12 mph||10 mph||10 mph||8 mph|
|Incline levels||15||10||3||no information available|
(L x W x H)
|82 x 35 x 66 in||70 x 34 x 55 in||63.4 x 28.75 x 51.4 in||49 x 17.75 in|
|User weight capacity||325 lb||300 lb||250 lb||220 lb|
Before purchasing a Sole F63 Treadmill, people should carefully consider the advantages and drawbacks of this machine.
Regular physical activity offers
The Sole F63 Treadmill could help people increase the amount of time they spend exercising each week.
All forms of physical activity can lead to health benefits.
Exercise also improves brain, heart, skeletal muscle, bone, and liver health. Other health benefits of physical activity include:
- improving cognition skills
- decreasing the risk of depression and anxiety
- decreasing the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
Any exercise equipment poses the risk of injury. A
The research also found that some common causes of injuries after using any piece of gym equipment included:
- overexertion or unnatural movements
- tripping or falling over exercise equipment
- hitting or coming into contact with exercise equipment
- equipment malfunctioning or breaking
To reduce the risk of injury, people should carefully read any instructions and remain aware of their surroundings. Many treadmills, such as the Sole F63 Treadmill, come with safety features that can lower the risk of injury.
Here, we answer some common questions about this treadmill.
Is there a subscription option?
Sole does not offer a subscription option. However, the treadmill does include six preset workouts.
In addition, this treadmill features a tablet holder so a person can stream workouts from fitness subscription apps.
Is the Sole F63 loud?
Some reviewers on Sole’s website mention that the motor is quiet but that the treadmill may make a loud noise when a person walks on it.
Others state that the speaker volume is poor and that the sound of the machine can drown out music.
How long does the Sole F63 last?
Reviews on Sole’s website are mixed regarding how long the Sole F63 lasts.
Some state that it malfunctioned within the first few years, whereas others mention being happy with the durability and quality of the treadmill.
Home exercise equipment, such as the Sole F63 Treadmill, is a convenient way for people to exercise regularly at home. This treadmill has safety features that reduce the risk of injury and is suitable for individuals of all fitness levels.
Physical activity can lead to both short- and long-term health benefits, such as improving overall fitness and reducing the risk of developing chronic conditions. However, people should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and be aware of their surroundings when using home exercise equipment.
Medical News Today does not imply warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or endorse any of these applications. Nobody at MNT has evaluated these apps for medical accuracy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved them unless otherwise indicated.