We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Zatural sells various cannabidiol (CBD) products for personal, home, and pet use. Among these products are tinctures, edibles, and topicals that may help ease symptoms of conditions such as anxiety.
This article describes Zatural and its products in more detail, and it considers the pros and cons of buying from this company.
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3 percent THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3 percent THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
The cannabis plant produces
CBD may have several benefits. A
- Anxiety: Several studies have found that 300–600 milligrams (mg) of CBD taken orally can reduce anxiety. However, other studies found that CBD had the same effect as a placebo. Learn more about using CBD for anxiety.
- Schizophrenia: One study found that taking 200–800 mg of CBD per day for 4 weeks was as effective as amisulpride, an antipsychotic medication. Another study found that taking 1,000 mg of CBD every day for 6 weeks had a positive effect on schizophrenia symptoms.
- Substance use disorder: There is some evidence that inhaling CBD can provide more motivation to continue not smoking by reducing the pleasure of cigarette cues. However, there is currently no evidence that CBD reduces nicotine cravings.
- Inflammatory conditions: There is evidence that using CBD topical cream can reduce inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis and acne.
However, findings of studies cannot replace the advice of a healthcare professional, and a person should not use CBD as a substitute for recommended treatment. Anyone who is using CBD products should let their doctor know. The doctor can ensure that the CBD is not interacting harmfully with medications.
There are three main types of CBD:
- CBD isolate: This type contains no THC or any other compounds, such as cannabinol or terpines.
- Full-spectrum CBD: This type contains THC and terpenes. Usually, it contains
no more than 0.3%of THC in dry weight, as this is the amount allowed by federal law.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: This type also contains terpenes. Most broad-spectrum CBD products do not contain THC, though some may contain trace amounts.
Zatural says that its aim is to provide natural therapeutic remedies. The company is based in Eden, Idaho and ships to the United States and abroad. To customers in the U.S., it offers free shipping and a 30-day guarantee.
The company states that all of its products are:
- free from harmful chemicals and additives
- third-party tested for heavy metals, contaminants, and quality
- free from fillers, additives, binders, and lubricants
- not tested on animals
The company follows the
At the time of publishing, Zatural held no accreditation from the Better Business Bureau. However, the bureau gives it an A+ grade, and it has an average customer rating of 4.36 out of 5 stars.
Those who left positive reviews said that the products worked to their expectations. Several people also reported that Zatural’s customer service was excellent and prices were reasonable.
However, those who left more negative reviews saw no effects from the company’s products. One person described experiencing sensitivity to a free gift included in a purchase and complained that the gift had spilled over their purchase. Moreover, they found that the company’s response was inadequate. Another customer reported difficulty receiving a refund or replacement after their order was lost in transit.
Before purchasing a product from Zatural, a person might consider:
- The products contain organic ingredients.
- The company uses third-party labs to test for quality and safety.
- It offers free shipping within the U.S.
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- International shipping is available.
- There has been reported difficulty receiving refunds or replacements.
- Some free gifts may trigger a reaction.
- Some customers say that the products do not work as intended.
Zatural sells tinctures, edibles, topicals, and CBD products for pets.
Please note that the writer has not tested these products. All information is research-based.
Zatural sells several tinctures, which include full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate. They are available in strengths of 10–100 mg of CBD per application.
At the time of publishing, Zatural tinctures were available for purchase online, starting from $27.50.
Zatural sells various topical CBD products, including:
- bath bombs
- body butter
- face cream
- hand sanitizer
The roll-on products contain essential oils, such as lavender, tea tree, and chamomile.
At the time of publishing, Zatural topicals were available for purchase online, starting from $5.99.
Zatural also sells broad-spectrum CBD oil for cats, dogs, and equines, as well as broad-spectrum CBD soft chews for dogs and CBD paw balm.
The strength of these pet products ranges from 75–3,000 mg of CBD.
At the time of publishing, Zatural’s CBD products for pets were available to purchase online, starting from $12.99.
Zatural’s hemp cleaning products not contain CBD, but the company says that they are environmentally friendly and pet- and baby-safe.
A person can purchase the cleaning products in packs, as well as reusable spray bottles and a hemp microfiber cleaning cloth.
At the time of publishing, Zatural’s home products were available online, starting from $5.99.
Many other companies sell CBD products, including:
- cbdMD: This company uses organic, U.S.-grown hemp and a carbon dioxide extraction process to create its products. cbdMD sells edibles, tinctures, topicals, and pet products. Learn more about cbdMD.
- CBDfx: Each product has a QR code that allows customers to view its lab results. CBDfx sells edibles, tinctures, topicals, and pet products. Learn more about CBDfx.
- Medterra: This company is a member of Kentucky’s Industrial Hemp Research Pilot Program and uses third-party labs for testing. Medterra sells edibles, tinctures, and topicals of varying strengths. Learn more about Medterra.
Zatural sells products for home, pet, and personal use, including CBD tinctures, topicals, and edibles, and hemp home cleaning supplies. It uses third-party testing to ensure the safety and quality of its products.
Anyone using any CBD products should let their doctor know. The doctor can ensure that the CBD is not interacting harmfully with any prescription or nonprescription medications.