We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Joy Organics is a company that sells products containing cannabidiol (CBD) online. These may help reduce stress, support the muscles and joints, and improve sleep patterns. Joy Organics offers CBD creams, tinctures, bath bombs, gummies, and more, including pet products.
- Best CBD tincture: Fresh Lime: Organic Full Spectrum CBD Tincture with THC | Skip to review
- Best CBD softgels: Broad Spectrum CBD Softgels | Skip to review
- Best CBD bath bomb: CBD Bath Bombs | Skip to review
- Best CBD gummies: Vegan CBD Gummies | Skip to review
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3% THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
The company manufactures broad- and full-spectrum CBD products that are cruelty-free and have undergone third-party testing.
It uses organic farming processes that test the ingredients’ potency, quality, and consistency. Joy Organics claims that its broad-spectrum oil undergoes a chromatography process that removes THC.
Joy Organics provides broad-spectrum CBD products for humans and pets. All of the products, except the softgels and salve, are vegan-friendly.
People can choose between tinctures, capsules, or gummies. This may appeal to people who like to choose which product to purchase based on factors such as ease of use.
Joy Organics may be suitable for people who wish to use gummies and other edibles for overall wellness or oils and other topicals for targeted relief from symptoms of inflammation and pain.
However, consulting a medical professional before taking CBD is important to ensure it does not interact with existing medications. It is also important to consult a veterinarian before giving CBD products to pets.
Joy Organics offers customers various CBD products, including tinctures, gels, salves, and creams.
Below is an overview of Joy Organics’ products, including doses and prices:
|• 10 mg of CBD per softgel|
• 25 mg of CBD per softgel
|Gummies||• broad-spectrum |
• delta-9 THC
|• 25 mg of CBD per gummy|
• 30 mg of CBD per gummy
|• 15 mg of CBDper milliliter (ml)|
• 30 mg of CBD per ml
• 45 mg of CBD per ml
• 75 mg of CBD per ml
|Topicals||• broad-spectrum salve|
• broad-spectrum bath bomb
• broad-spectrum sports cream
• broad-spectrum CBD cream
• full-spectrum massage oil
|• 500 mg of CBD per jar|
• 25 mg of CBD per bath bomb
• 1,000 mg of CBD per bottle
• 250 mg per bottle
• 500 mg per bottle
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Below is a list of some advantages and disadvantages of shopping with Joy Organics:
- The company offers financing options in monthly payments and subscription options.
- Products come with a 30-day return policy.
- Joy Organics stocks many products that are USDA-certified organic.
- Joy Organics CBD products are more costly than those of some competitors.
- International shipping is not available.
- Not all products are suitable for vegans.
- There is no mention of research to support the claims of the benefits of specific products.
Joy Organics states that its product manufacturing entails a 6-step process to ensure the highest quality of CBD. This process involves:
- USDA-certified organic farming: The company uses organic hemp from USDA Organic-certified farms in the United States.
- Hemp flower processing: The buds go through a milling process to ensure freshness.
- Proprietary Extraction: The company extracts and purifies the oil to ensure it is solvent, pesticide, fat, and wax-free.
- THC removal: The company removes THC from the oil via a USDA organic-certified chromatography process.
- Product development and manufacturing: The company states that the facility that develops and manufactures products is FDA-registered, USDA Organic certified, and follows
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Third-party lab testing: The company sends all batches for third-party lab testing in an ISO-certified lab.
Joy Organics displays all batch reports and certificates of analysis (COA) on its website. People can also scan the QR code on any product to find current COAs.
Joy Organics holds accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB gives this company an A+ grade. Customers give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. However, there are only four customer reviews. This company has closed one complaint in the past three years and one in the past 12 months.
On Trustpilot, customers give Joy Organics an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Customer reviews on both sites are mostly positive. Reviews relate to the effectiveness of the products and staff efficiency and professionalism.
Negative reviews relate to packaging, which some people found difficult to open, and the accounts staff, who some reviewers report, acted unprofessionally by swearing and laughing at people’s complaints on the telephone.
Joy Organics sells several CBD products. Below, we list how the company recommends a person to use each type:
- Softgels: Joy Organics softgels come in a bottle with 30 servings. The company recommends a person to take one softgel daily at any time of the day.
- Gummies: Joy Organics suggests first-time CBD users begin by taking half a gummy daily and gradually increase the dosage if needed. The company’s recommended serving size is one gummy.
- Tinctures: Joy Organics recommends people use tinctures at least once daily for best results. A serving size is one dropper. A person fills this dropper, places it into their mouth, and swallows the tincture.
- Salves: To use a salve, people should apply it directly to the skin and rub it in with circular movements. Salves are only for topical use, and people should not ingest them.
- Creams: People should apply creams in the same way as a salve. It is important not to ingest the cream as it is only suitable for topical application.
- Bath bombs: To use one of Joy Organics’s bath bombs, a person simply places this in their bath, and it will begin to dissolve. People can use these bath bombs as often as they wish.
People may wish to consider the following options when choosing the most suitable product for them:
- Budget: Prices vary within brand, strength, and method of application.
- Personal goal: People may wish to use a topical solution if they are looking for pain relief in a specific area, or edibles if they are looking for all-over wellness.
- Type of CBD: People who wish not to ingest THC should choose broad-spectrum or CBD isolate products.
- Certification of analysis: Certificates from third-party labs show that the product contains the ingredients the company advertises and ensures it is free from toxic or harmful compounds.
- Amount of CBD: People may wish to ensure the product lists the amount of CBD in each dose and in the unit to avoid purchasing products that may be too strong or weak for their needs.
|Joy Organics||Social CBD||Charlotte’s Web|
|Type of CBD products||broad-spectrum CBD|
|broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate||full-spectrum CBD|
|Pet products||dog treats|
hip and joint chews
canine hemp-infused balms and more
|CBD bundles||five available||three available||more than 10 available|
|Returns||within 30 days||within 30 days||within 30 days|
|Shipping||available only within the United States||free shipping on orders over $49||available only within the U.S.|
People can take CBD in many different forms from topicals such as salves, creams, and massage oils to edibles such as gummies and drops.
There are three types of CBD products:
- Broad-spectrum CBD: These consist of the cannabis plant’s naturally occurring compounds but are free of THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD: These contain the naturally occurring compounds extracted from the C. sativa plant. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), they may contain up to
- CBD isolate: This is pure CBD, with no traces of THC. It is odorless and has no taste.
- anxiety and depression
- epilepsy syndromes
- PTSD symptoms
- treating opioid addiction
- alleviating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) symptoms
- pain management
- diabetic complications
- neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- arthritis symptoms
The FDA has only approved one CBD product, a prescription drug to treat seizures called Epidiolex. All other CBD products do not have FDA approval.
To date, the FDA only has limited data regarding CBD safety and warns of risks
- liver injury
- harmful interaction with other drugs a person may be taking
- drowsiness and risk of sedation when people take CBD with alcohol or other drugs to treat anxiety, panic, or sleep disorders
Additionally, the FDA states that CBD can cause the following side effects:
- gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea or a decrease in appetite
- changes in mood such as irritability and agitation
According to the
However, the FDA also suggests people seek medical advice before using any dietary supplements. Healthcare professionals can help determine whether these are suitable and safe for the individual.
People should always discuss taking CBD products with a healthcare professional. CBD can interact with other medications.
Additionally, people should stop using CBD products if they experience any side effects such as gastrointestinal discomfort or agitation. People should contact a doctor if the side effects continue after stopping CBD use.
Below we answer some common questions about this brand.
Is Joy Organics FDA-approved?
The FDA has only approved
Joy Organics does not have FDA approval for its products. However, it manufactures its products in FDA-registered facilities.
What is the best CBD brand out there?
There are numerous CBD products available to consumers both online and in-store.
CBD brands differ in price, strength, purity, and products, such as topicals, edibles, vapes, or inhalation.
Considerations such as full- or broad-spectrum may include budget, strength, and type.
Regardless of which brand a person chooses, they should ensure the company provides current COAs for all its products. A COA means that the product contains its stated ingredients and is free from materials such as heavy metals.
What are the best CBD gummies for pain relief?
Where is Joy Organics based?
Joy Organics’ headquarters is in Fort Collins, Colorado. It has a second location in Austin, Texas.
Where does Joy Organics ship from?
Joy Organics ships from the company’s headquarters in Colorado. The company does not currently ship internationally.
What are the most effective CBD products?
However, according to the Arthritis Foundation, CBD gummies may lead to unreliable effects. The organization says that tinctures allow CBD to enter the bloodstream quicker than other forms.
The Joy Organics website stocks various CBD products, including tinctures, gummies, and products for pets.
The company claims its products can help with various health concerns like stress, muscle pain, and joint stiffness. However, Joy Organics does not cite any studies to support these claims.
Other brands, such as Social CBD and Charlotte’s Web, offer CBD products that a person may wish to consider.
It is best to consult a healthcare professional before taking any medication or CBD product.