We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Audibel manufactures various hearing aids, including devices that sit inside a person’s ear, inside the ear canal, or behind the ear.
The company also has hearing centers across the United States, which people can visit to undergo a hearing test and purchase hearing aids. Alternatively, a person can take a hearing test online.
This article discusses the Audibel brand and some of the products it offers. It also looks at the benefits of hearing aids and lists some alternative brands that people may wish to consider.
Audibel is a hearing specialist and hearing aid manufacturer that is part of Starkey Hearing Technologies. Starkey is one of the largest hearing aid manufacturers in the world. The company is American-owned, with headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
Audible has a wide network of verified hearing professionals who can provide customers with online hearing tests. Customers can book an appointment with any of these professionals to undergo an assessment.
The company also has hearing centers across the U.S. where customers can speak face-to-face with members of the Audibel team.
Anyone who visits the company website can take a quick, free online hearing test remotely.
Before purchasing hearing aids from this company, people may wish to consider the following advantages and disadvantages.
- The hearing aids have adjustable settings.
- The hearing aids can wirelessly connect to TVs, music devices, and more.
- The company claims the devices have distortion-free listening and clarity and can easily adapt to new sounds.
- The company offers advanced customizable technology for tinnitus.
- The hearing aids feature an invisible and custom fit.
- The hearing aids have directional technology that amplifies speech in front of a person while filtering out background noise.
- People cannot purchase these devices online and must find an authorized hearing center.
- Audibel does not advertise its prices on its website, and prices may vary between hearing centers.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Audibel, which is a BBB-accredited company, an A+ rating.
Audibel has an average customer rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. At the time of writing, there are 78 reviews, of which 68% have awarded the company 5 stars. However, 17% have awarded it 1 star.
Positive reviews of Audibel often mention good customer service, noting that the professionals at its stores are helpful, informative, and knowledgeable. Some also say the hearing aids are comfortable and that the sound quality is excellent.
Negative reviews sometimes mention product faults that require repairing. One user also complained about the device’s charging cable.
Audible’s hearing aids come in a variety of models and designs. Their products may suit people with differing levels of hearing loss, ranging from mild to severe.
However, the company does not advertise the cost of these hearing aids on its website. People must contact one of Audibel’s authorized sellers for more information. Costs may also vary depending on whether a person has insurance that covers hearing aids.
We look at a few of the hearing aid models in more detail below.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
This hearing aid may best suit people who want a customizable device, as this hearing aid fits the exact anatomy of their ear. It helps ensure comfort and a high level of performance.
Audibel states that the DaVinci model provides the following benefits:
- adjustable settings
- wireless connectivity with TVs, music devices, and more
- distortion-free listening for loud sounds
- clarity for soft sounds
- no buzzing or whistling with feedback cancellation system
- advanced technology to alleviate symptoms of tinnitus
The DaVinci hearing aid is available in different styles, including:
This hearing aid may be most suitable for those seeking an invisible device.
Audibel says that this hearing aid uses its most advanced technology and is its most popular discreet hearing solution.
This model comes in the “invisible” style, meaning it sits entirely inside the canal and is therefore very discreet. The Synergy iQ model offers the same benefits as the DaVinci model, but the company markets it as being less visible on a person.
Audibel states that the Invisibel Synergy iQ model provides the following benefits:
- invisible and custom fit
- easy adaptation to new sounds
- advanced wireless streaming
- comfortable fit
- personalized listening experience
- feedback cancellation system with no buzzing or whistling sounds
- refined sound quality for listening to music
- customizable tinnitus relief
The Start model is one of Audibel’s value-priced models, but the company claims it still offers good sound quality and dependability. Therefore, this model may be most suitable for those who need a hearing device on a budget.
Audibel notes several additional benefits of the Start model, including:
- distortion-free listening comfort for loud sounds
- clarity for soft sounds
- feedback elimination technology that reduces buzzing and whistling
- directional technology that amplifies speech in front of a person while filtering out unwanted background noise
This model is available in the following styles:
Audibel does not endorse internet retailers that sell hearing aids to customers without a face-to-face consultation.
The company has numerous hearing centers across the U.S. that customers can visit to purchase Audibel hearing aids.
During a clinic visit, a hearing professional will assess the customer’s needs. They will carry out a free hearing evaluation and discuss the results. After the assessment, the hearing professional may recommend that the customer purchase one of Audibel’s hearing aids. They can advise them on which model will suit their specific needs.
The company offers a 30-day free trial, so a person can try a product and see what effect the technology has on their hearing before committing to the purchase.
Audibel also provides customers with a 36-month warranty. If there is a defect with the product within this time frame, the company will either replace or repair the hearing aid free of charge.
However, the warranty only covers defective products, so it will not cover damage to the product due to misuse, neglect, accidents, unauthorized alteration, or failure to provide reasonable maintenance and cleaning. It will also not cover batteries, earmolds, or accessories.
Some private health insurance companies may cover all or part of the cost of a hearing aid. However, many insurers do not. A person should check their insurance policy before deciding on which hearing aid to purchase.
Many other hearing aid brands are available. A person may wish to shop around and do their research before committing to a specific brand.
Other hearing aid manufacturers include:
- MDHearingAid: This company offers affordable, noncustom hearing aids for purchase online. Learn more about MDHearingAid.
- Eargo: Eargo sells a range of discreet hearing aids that sit inside the ear canal. Its products are available for purchase online. Learn more about Eargo.
- Signia: This company sells hearing aids and other hearing accessories. Its products are available for purchase through authorized retailers. Learn more about Signia.
- Lively: Lively offers a hearing aid that can be rechargeable or battery-operated. It is available for purchase online. Learn more about Lively.
The following table compares Audible to the above competitors.
|Customizable devices||Range of hearing aid styles||Rechargeable devices||Where to buy||Price|
|Audibel||available||yes||available||authorized partners||no information available|
|MDHearing Aid||available||yes||available||online||starting from around $300|
|Eargo||available||yes||available||online||starting from around $2,650|
|Signia||available||yes||available||authorized partners||no information available|
|Lively||not available||yes||available||online||starting from around $1,695|
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) states that about
Studies have shown that hearing aids benefit individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss by allowing them to hear more clearly and
Before purchasing a hearing aid, it is advisable to speak with an audiologist. These professionals can help a person find the correct prescription for their specific needs.
A person should also schedule follow-up appointments with their audiologist every 2–3 years. The audiologist can monitor any changes in their hearing that may necessitate updates to their hearing aid.
Here we answer some common questions about this company.
Who makes Audibel hearing aids?
Starkey Hearing Technologies manufactures Audibel hearing aids.
Starkey is an American-owned company and one of the largest hearing aid manufacturers in the world.
Where can I buy Audibel hearing aids?
People can purchase Audibel hearing aids at one of many hearing centers across the United States.
The company has a list of providers on its website.
Who owns Audibel hearing aids?
Starkey Hearing Technologies owns Audible hearing aids.
Where are Audibel hearing aids made?
Starkey Hearing Technologies bases its headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
The company does not disclose the location of its hearing aid factories.
Audibel is a hearing aid manufacturer that provides a wide range of models for people with different hearing needs.
A person should consult an audiologist to determine which model of hearing aid would best suit their needs. It is also worth researching different brands, comparing the benefits of their products and services, and reading customer reviews.