We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Bluoxyn is a dietary supplement that claims to treat sexual health issues in men, such as erectile dysfunction (ED). There is no evidence supporting the benefits or safety of Bluoxyn.
Erectile dysfunction affects approximately
The treatment options for ED may include lifestyle changes, counseling, prescription medications, and surgery. Bluoxyn is a dietary supplement that claims to help treat ED.
This article outlines the benefits and drawbacks of Bluoxyn and looks at the product, the company, and some alternative treatments.
Below are some advantages and disadvantages of the supplement Bluoxyn.
- It may help improve various symptoms associated with erectile dysfunction (ED).
- The company claims it manufactures the product in a certified facility.
- The company claims the products are hormone-free.
- The manufacturer provides limited information about the supplement on its website.
- There are no studies to indicate its effectiveness.
- Medical insurance does not cover the cost.
- There is no Trustpilot page linked to the supplement.
- There are primarily negative customer reviews, often citing payment problems.
- It is expensive compared to some alternatives.
The company that manufactures Bluoxyn goes by the same name. It makes Bluoxyn in the U.S. and claims to manufacture it in a certified facility that is tested for safety and purity. Additionally, the manufacturer claims Bluoxyn meets industry standards.
Bluoxyn claim that its product contains herbal extracts that may help with the following:
- improving erections by increasing blood flow to the penis
- improving sex drive by regulating testosterone levels
- improving stamina and performance
- improving energy levels for better vitality and vigor
However, no objective studies or research support these claims.
The business Bluoxyn does not have a Trustpilot page. However, it does have a page listing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB page displays only one customer review, which gives the company 1 out of a possible 5 stars.
The business Bluoxyn is not BBB accredited. They have closed 39 complaints in the last 3 years — 13 of them in the past 12 months. These complaints frequently mention payment problems following a person’s free trial.
There are no studies indicating that Bluoxyn works. The website also provides no information about the product’s effectiveness.
Bluoxyn contains the following ingredients:
- Horny goat weed leaf: The company claims this herb may improve sexual stamina. However, a 2014 review suggests that a person should be wary of this ingredient due to the following potential side effects:
- Tongkat ali extract: The company claims this herb may help stimulate healthy erections. A
2014 studyfound that this ingredient can help raise testosterone levels in both males and females.
- Saw palmetto extract: The company claims this herb may help restore a healthy libido in men. A
2020 studystates that saw palmetto oil increased male hormone levels among men with benign prostatic hyperplasia and androgen deficiency. However, due to its alpha-blocker-like effects, similar to Flomax or Uroxatral, it may decrease semen volume due to causing retrograde ejaculation. This is because it keeps the urethra open at the level of the prostate.
- Nettle extract: The company claims this herb helps regulate testosterone levels. A 2015 animal study states that the ingredient effectively modulates testosterone levels in rats. However, due to a lack of equivalent studies in humans, it is not clear whether nettle extract has the same effect in humans.
- Wild yam extract: The company claims this herb may help regulate mood and reduce performance-related anxiety. However, there is little research into this ingredient for this purpose.
- Sarsaparilla: The company claims this herb can help increase sex drive in men. However, there is little research into this ingredient for this purpose.
The Bluoxyn website states that the supplement will not cause any harmful side effects. However, this contradicts a 2014 review stating that horny goat weed leaf alone may cause the following side effects:
- mood changes
Bluoxyn does not have FDA approval, so a person does not need a prescription to obtain the product. A lack of FDA approval also indicates that a person should use the product with caution.
The table below outlines some alternative treatment options for ED according to brand name.
|drug treatments, including Sildenafil, Viagra, Stendra, Tadalafil, Cialis
|drug treatments, including Sildenafil, Viagra, Cialis
|drug treatments, including Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra
|Eddie, which is a wearable device
|$99.98 for a 30-day supply
|differs by product
|between $2 and $70 per dose
|from $2 a pill
|varies by product
|Sildenafil and Cialis
|varies by product
|Is a prescription necessary?
Alternatively, a person may wish to consider implementing lifestyle changes to help treat ED. Examples include:
- quitting smoking
- limiting alcohol intake
- avoiding illegal use of drugs
- increasing physical activity
- maintaining a moderate body weight
A therapist may also help by addressing underlying issues that may be causing or contributing to ED, such as anxiety and stress.
A person may also want to see their doctor in person to discuss their needs and treatment options.
The following are common questions and answers about Bluoxyn:
Does Bluoxyn work for erectile dysfunction?
Some research indicates that certain herbs in Bluoxyn may help regulate or increase testosterone levels. However, there are no clinical trials or other forms of research demonstrating that Bluoxyn itself effectively treats ED.
Is Bluoxyn safe?
The company Bluoxyn claims its product is safe and does not cause side effects. However, research shows that at least one of the ingredients can cause side effects, such as mood changes and addiction.
Who should not take Bluoxyn?
Some ED medications and supplements can cause a widening of the blood vessels, which can lower a person’s blood pressure. These treatments may not be suitable for people who have low blood pressure or uncontrolled high blood pressure. They may also be unsuitable for people at increased risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
A person should talk with their doctor before starting any new treatment for ED, particularly if they have an underlying health issue or are taking medications that could interact with other drugs or supplements.
Bluoxyn is a dietary supplement for people with erectile dysfunction (ED). The product is not FDA-approved, and a person does not require a prescription to obtain it.
Bluoxyn claims its product helps improve erections, sex drive, and sexual stamina in men. Some research suggests certain ingredients in Bluoxyn may have benefits for sexual health in men. However, there is no research to indicate the effectiveness of Bluoxyn itself.
The cost of Bluoxyn is $100 for 30 days. This is a high cost for a vitamin supplement. More affordable and evidence-supported supplements and medications are available.
Bluoxyn also claims that its product does not cause side effects. However, research suggests that at least one of its herbal ingredients is associated with side effects such as mood changes, hallucinations, and addiction.
People considering taking a medication or supplement to treat ED should first talk with their doctor, especially if they have an underlying medical condition or are taking medications that may interact with the supplement.