We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
CBDistillery is an online company that specializes in high quality cannabidiol (CBD) products. In addition to offering a variety of products containing CBD, it provides information about CBD oil and its potential uses.
This review breaks down the products CBDistillery offers. It also gives an overview of the company’s reputation and background.
Is CBD legal? Hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC are legal federally but still illegal under some state laws. Cannabis-derived CBD products, on the other hand, are illegal federally but legal under some state laws. Check local legislation, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have not approved nonprescription CBD products, which may be inaccurately labeled.
Balanced Health Botanicals, which owns CBDistillery, started the company in 2016. CBDistillery claims to sell high quality CBD products online at competitive prices.
The company offers a wide range of products that vary in:
- form, such as gummies, vapes, oils, and tinctures
- type, including cannabigerol (CBG) and full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD
- strength, ranging from regular to max plus
CBDistillery has over 14,000 reviews on its website, many of which are positive. The average rating is 4.3 out of five stars across the brand’s entire product line.
CBDistillery claims it is U.S. Hemp Authority-certified. This means a third-party organization independently reviews each of its products for quality standards.
The company also holds a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation. It has a current average of about 2.67 out of five stars. Moreover, it has responded to and closed over 30 complaints in the past 3 years.
On the BBB website, there are several reviews from people who have left either a one- or five-star review. The negative reviews warn of a scam or poor customer service. The five-star reviews generally focus on product quality.
American Marijuana has also written a positive review of CBDistillery, stating it is a reliable company.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
CBDistillery offers a large selection of CBD products. Each label contains information about the strength of and compounds in a given product.
CBDistillery grows its own hemp using non-GMO plants.
Each product contains one of the following formulas:
- Full-spectrum CBD: This formula uses the full plant extracts and contains cannabinoids — including up to 0.3% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — terpenes, flavonoids, and plant proteins that provide a combined effect on the CBD oil.
- CBD isolate (0% THC): This formula removes all other compounds from the full-spectrum formula and eliminates THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD (0% THC): This formula contains the same plant extracts as the full-spectrum formula but reduces THC to trace amounts.
CBDistillery products come in several forms, including:
- Powders: These are usable in topical formulas a person can prepare at home.
- Softgels: These edibles contain 30 milligrams (mg) of CBD that a person swallows as an easy way to ingest CBD.
- Oil tinctures: A person needs to place these under the tongue for about 10–15 seconds before swallowing. Oil tinctures are available in each of the formulas. Learn more about CBD oil tinctures here.
- Gummies: These are a form of CBD edibles. Each gummy provides 30 mg of CBD, with 30 pieces in a container. Learn more about CBD gummies here.
- Topicals: These often contain other oils and are ideal for direct use on the skin. Learn more about CBD topicals here.
CBDistillery also offers vapes, pet products, and other products that contain CBD, cannabinol (CBN), or CBG compounds.
Some sample products include:
- 0% THC* Regular Strength Broad Spectrum CBD E-Liquid – 500mg – vape
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture – 500mg – 30ml
- 360mg Full Spectrum CBD Dark Chocolate Bar
- Cannabinoid Mix Pack – CBG:CBD Tincture & CBN:CBD Tincture
Prices range from only a few dollars to over $100 per container.
A person can sign up for a subscription to their preferred products. CBDistillery also provides some discounts and free shipping on all orders.
There are several alternatives to CBDistillery that sell CBD products:
- Spruce: The company offers CBD products that are 100% natural and have undergone third-party testing. Customers can select a subscription or make a one-off purchase.
- Joy Organics: This company has designed several types of products containing CBD, including tinctures, topicals, and edibles.
- Cornbread: The company sells a range of tinctures, creams, and oils that contain CBD. It also offers brand merchandise, such as sweatshirts.
CBD is a single compound present in hemp and cannabis, which are varieties of the Cannabis sativa plant. Manufacturers obtain the compound for commercial use from hemp, since it contains less THC, which is responsible for the feeling of “high.”
Proponents of CBD oil claim it can help with a number of health issues.
In 2019, CBDistillery conducted a survey in which it asked its customers about the products they use and their effectiveness. The respondents said that CBD:
- helps improve their sleep quality (89%)
- helps calm their mind (89%)
- helps relieve pain from physical activity (84%)
- relieves symptoms of mild or temporary anxiety (88%)
It is of note, however, that these results may be biased, as they reflect views of people already using CBD products regularly. In addition, the survey methods may not have been objective.
Authors of a
The same study also reports on CBD’s rated effectiveness. About 36% of the respondents said CBD provides effective medical help by itself, while about 4.3% found it ineffective. Also, 1 out of every 3 users reported mild adverse effects from using CBD products.
Despite potential benefits of using CBD oil, organizations such as the
A person should consult a doctor before using any product containing CBD oil, particularly if they are using other medications or supplements. A doctor can better assess whether CBD oil is a suitable product for them.
CBDistillery offers a wide selection of CBD products online. These undergo third-party testing, and their labels contain clear information about the ingredients.
CBDistillery products range in price from a few dollars to over $100.
A person interested in trying CBD oil should seek guidance from a doctor first. They should also bear in mind that they may or may not experience any benefits from using a CBD product. It is equally important to take note of potential side effects.