We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
CBDistillery is an online company specializing in high-quality cannabidiol (CBD) products. It sells a wide range of CBD products and provides information about the potential uses of CBD.
This review provides an overview of CBDistillery, including its background, reputation, and products. We also outline what the research says about the safety and efficacy of CBD products, list some alternative CBD brands, and answer some frequently asked questions about CBDistillery.
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3% THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Balanced Health Botanicals, a family of brands that owns CBDistillery, started the company in 2015. CBDistillery claims to sell high quality CBD products online at competitive prices.
The company offers a wide range of CBD products, including:
The products are available in different types, including:
- cannabigerol (CBG)
- full-spectrum CBD
- broad-spectrum CBD
Products are also available in a range of strengths, from regular, to max plus
CBDistillery offers many CBD products, each containing hemp from non-genetically modified organism (non-GMO) plants. Each product contains information about its strength and the compounds it contains.
Learn about the differences between full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD.
The company’s products include:
- Topicals: These often contain oils and are suitable for direct use on the skin. Learn more about CBD topicals here.
- Gummies: These are an edible form of CBD. Each gummy provides 30 mg of CBD, with 30 pieces in a container. Learn about the best CBD gummies here.
- Softgels and capsules: A person can swallow these with water. Each type contains 30 milligrams (mg) of CBD. Learn about the best CBD softgels and capsules here.
- Oil tinctures: A person places the recommended serving under their tongue for 10–15 seconds before swallowing. Learn more about CBD oil tinctures.
- Powders: People can add these to topical formulas they prepare at home.
- Drink mixes: Each drink mix contains 25 mg of CBD. They are available in daytime formulas and nighttime formulas.
- Chocolates: According to the company, these chocolates contain 30 mg of CBD sourced from naturally cultivated industrial hemp.
CBDistillery also offers vapes, pet products, and other products that contain CBD, cannabinol, or CBG compounds.
Prices range from around $22 to $260 per product, with free shipping on all orders.
A person can also sign up for a subscription to their preferred products. CBDistillery may also offer occasional discounts.
All CBDiltillery products are available for purchase online. Consumers can either make one-time product purchases or sign up for product subscriptions.
Consumers making one-time purchases will pay shipping costs that vary according to their geographic location. On average, standard shipping costs are around $9.
With a subscription, a buyer will save 30% on purchases and receive free shipping on qualifying products. Those signing up for a subscription may choose to have the product delivered every 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 weeks.
Read our buyer’s guide to CBD.
Use code “MNT20” for 20% off.
CBDistillery has over 16,000 product reviews on its website, many of which are five-star reviews. The company claims it has certification from the United States Hemp Authority, indicating that a third-party organization independently reviews each product for quality standards.
CBDistillery has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Balanced Health Botanicals, LLC is the parent company of CBDistillary. It holds accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), where it receives an A+ rating. According to the BBB, the parent company has closed 4 complaints in the past 3 years.
Balanced Health Botanicals, LLC receives an overall customer review rating of 3.18 out of 5 stars on the BBB website. Negative reviews typically refer to the company’s poor customer service, while positive reviews focus on product quality.
Below are some pros and cons of CBDistillery:
- wide range of products
- a range of CBD types and strengths
- United States Hemp Authority certified
- caters for pets
- positive customer reviews of product quality
- positive reviews of the customer service department
- some customers report issues with refunds
- some customers cite shipping delays
- some customers complain about product quality
- some reviews note problems with repeated, unauthorized billing
Similar companies to CBDistillery include:
- Spruce: Offers CBD products that are 100% natural and have undergone third-party testing. Customers can select a subscription or make a one-off purchase.
- Joy Organics: Sells several types of products containing organic CBD, including tinctures, topicals, and edibles. Read our review of Joy Organics here.
- Cornbread: Sells a range of tinctures, creams, and oils containing CBD. It also offers brand merchandise, such as sweatshirts.
- Charlotte’s Web:Sells oils, capsules, gummies, and creams that claim to promote calm, sleep, and recovery. Read out review of Charlotte’s Web here.
- Papa & Barkley:Offers tinctures, capsules, body oils, balms, and lotions. The company claims its products promote sleep, reduce stress, and improve focus. Read our review of Papa & Barkley here.
- Lord Jones:Sells tinctures, gummies, capsules, and bath products to support calm and well-being.
The table below demonstrates how the different CBD brands compare:
|30-33 mg||full and broad|
|25-80 mg||full and broad|
|10-30 mg||full and broad|
|20-50 mg||full spectrum|
|10-60 mg||full spectrum|
|Papa & Barkley||$18-|
|30-60 mg||full spectrum|
|20-25 mg||full spectrum,|
CBD is a single compound in hemp and cannabis, both of which are varieties of the C. sativa plant.
When sourcing CBD for commercial use, manufacturers obtain the compound from hemp. This is because hemp contains less of the compound THC, which is responsible for the high feeling that many people associate with cannabis use.
Learn more about the similarities and differences between CBD and THC.
Proponents of CBD oil claim that it can help with multiple health issues. However, there is limited medical evidence to support such claims.
The same study also notes the effectiveness of CBD, according to respondents. Around 36% of the respondents reported that CBD provided benefits, while around 4.3% reported that it was not very effective. In addition, 1 in 3 users reported mild adverse effects from using CBD products.
Despite the potential benefits of using CBD oil, the
A person should consult a doctor before using any product containing CBD oil, particularly if they are using other medications or supplements. Some substances can interact with CBD oil, resulting in negative health effects. A healthcare professional can better assess whether CBD oil is suitable for an individual.
Below are some answers to frequently asked questions about CBDistillery.
How do I contact CBDistillery?
CBDistillery is contactable via its website. The company states that it will respond within 48 hours.
What is the difference between full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD contains all compounds from the C.sativa plant, including THC. Broad-spectrum CBD contains the same plant compounds but features much lower amounts of THC.
According to FDA guidance, the amounts of THC in any CBD product must legally fall below
Is CBDistillery Leaping Bunny certified?
Leaping Bunny certification indicates that a company operates animal cruelty-free processes across all stages of its product development. CBDistillery has held Leaping Bunny certification since 2019.
CBDistillery offers a wide selection of CBD products online. Their products contain ingredients from non-genetically modified organism (non-GMO) plants and undergo third-party testing. Each product also features labeling that clearly states its CBD strength and ingredients.
CBDistillery products range in price from a few dollars to over $100. Alternative CBD brands are available, and include Joy Organics, Charlotte’s Web, and Lord Jones.
A person interested in trying CBD should seek guidance from a doctor, particularly if they are already taking medications or supplements.