We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
NordicTrack is one of the more popular home exercise equipment brands in the United States. It sells various smart fitness devices, including treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals, rowing machines, and fitness mirrors, alongside accessories and strength training items. NordicTrack equipment is compatible with iFit membership for access to online coaching, live classes, and more.
- NordicTrack treadmill: Commercial 1750 treadmill
- NordicTrack bike: Commercial VU 29 exercise bike
- NordicTrack elliptical: SpaceSaver SE9i elliptical
- NordicTrack rower: RW700 rowing machine
- NordicTrack fitness mirror: Vault home gym
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All product information is purely research-based. The information in this article is correct at the time of publication.
NordicTrack is a U.S.-owned company that has been operating since 1975. It makes home exercise machines, strength training equipment, and accessories.
It is well known for its indoor training equipment portfolio, which includes treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical trainers, rowers, and strength training machines.
NordicTrack exercise equipment also includes several interactive features. Users will require an iFit membership to stream live and on-demand fitness classes on the screen attached to their product.
iFit is a subscription service that provides access to online coaching, live classes, global workouts, and fitness tracking.
Depending on the equipment a person uses, it may also allow coaches to adjust the levels of the equipment to adapt the intensity of a person’s workout.
Most NordicTrack machines have smart screens and are compatible with an iFit membership.
Customers purchasing new NordicTrack equipment will receive 30 days of iFit membership free but will need to subscribe to continue accessing iFit features.
iFit is available in the following plans:
- Yearly Individual Plan for $180 per year
- Monthly Family Plan for $39 per month
- Yearly Family Plan for $396 per year
NordicTrack sells a range of treadmills. Its three different treadmill series are as follows:
- Commercial Treadmills: This mid-tier treadmill series offers interactive personalized training. Prices range from $1,899 to $2,499.
- Commercial Incline Treadmills: This higher-end treadmill series offers 6% decline to 40% incline and 0–12 miles per hour speeds. It includes NordicTrack higher cost treadmills, with models costing $2,999–3,999.
- EXP Training Series: This budget treadmill series includes treadmills that are ideal for home use. They cost between $1,099 and $1,599.
All treadmills come with free shipping.
The following NordicTrack treadmill is a popular mid-tier option.
The Commercial 1750 has a Wi-Fi-ready, 10-inch (in) touch screen. The smart, HD screen allows access to hundreds of either prerecorded or live-streamed workouts.
The iFit team of trainers lead the workouts, which include runs in picturesque locations around the world. Users can hear the trainers through two digitally amplified, 3-in speakers or through Bluetooth headphones.
After purchasing the treadmill, people will receive a free 1-year iFit family membership. This membership gives up to five users access to all of the product-specific training videos and cross-training options, such as yoga and strength training.
The treadmill features automatic trainer control, under which the incline, decline, and speed of the treadmill automatically adjust during an interactive run. NordicTrack states that this latest model is quieter, smoother, and faster in adjusting than its predecessor.
The Runners Flex cushioning on the platform allows users to customize their workout by choosing between a softer surface, which reduces impact on the joints, and a harder surface, which mimics the feel of the road.
The weight capacity for this treadmill is 300 pounds (lb).
This treadmill costs $1,899, with various financing options available.
NordicTrack sells a range of bikes. The following are its three bike series:
- Commercial Studio Cycles: This higher-end bike series offers interactive and personalized training suitable for beginners and athletes. Prices range from $1,599 to $1,999.
- Recumbent Series Bikes: The bikes in this mid-tier series have a reclining seat for comfort and accessibility. Prices range between $1,499 and $1,799. Learn more about recumbent exercise bikes here.
- Upright Series Bikes: The bikes in this budget series have a compact design, which makes them suitable for home use. Prices range from $999 to $1,299.
The following NordicTrack bike is a popular mid-tier option.
NordicTrack has a range of upright and recumbent bikes. The Commercial VU 29 is an upright bike with ergonomic foot pedals, an oversized cushioned seat, and an integrated fan for comfort. It has 24 digital resistance levels.
There is a 14-in smart, HD touch screen with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. A pair of digitally amplified 2-in speakers allows the user to hear motivational commentary and instructions from the iFit trainer.
As with most of NordicTrack machines, this bike comes with 1 year of iFit membership. People can access workouts from the iFit library or stream them live for real-time interaction with a trainer.
The weight capacity of this bike is 325 lb.
The bike costs $1,299, with various financing options available.
NordicTrack offers a variety of elliptical machines. Its three different elliptical series are as follows:
- FreeStride Trainer Series: This higher-end elliptical series offers interactive, personalized training and has a 10% incline or decline range. Prices range from $2,499 to $3,299.
- Front Drive Series: The machines in this NordicTrack mid-tier elliptical series have a front-wheel design. This compact design may be suitable for home use. Prices range between $1,299 and $1,999.
- Rear Drive Series: This budget elliptical series includes machines designed for comfortable use. Prices range from $1,299 to $1,699.
The following NordicTrack elliptical is a popular mid-tier option.
NordicTrack sells both rear-drive and front-drive ellipticals. The major difference is the position of the flywheel.
The SpaceSaver SE9i is a rear-drive machine with 24 digital resistance levels. It has adjustable, cushioned pedals to reduce impact, an integrated fan, and SoftTouch upper body grips.
People can fold up the cross-trainer to save space when it is not in use.
During workouts, the iFit personal trainer can adjust the resistance and incline of the machine automatically.
For people who like to vary their scenery, this machine has a Google Maps feature that allows a person to draw a route anywhere in the world and then run or hike it. Alternatively, people can choose from prerecorded routes, studio sessions, and live classes.
This elliptical has a weight capacity of 325 lb.
The bike costs $1,699, with various financing options available.
- RW600: This budget rowing machine features a 10-in smart, HD touch screen. It costs from $999.
- RW700: This mid-tier rowing machine features a 14-in smart, HD touch screen. It costs $1,299.
- RW900: The higher-end rowing machine features a 22-in smart, HD touch screen. It costs $1,599.
The following NordicTrack rowing machine is a popular mid-tier option.
This rowing machine has 26 resistance levels, which a person can select by using buttons at the sides of the screen. The user can also rotate the 14-in HD touch screen.
All iFit rowing workouts, which range from studio sessions to a simulated on-river training around the world, feature automatic trainer control. This feature allows the trainer to remotely adjust the resistance during the workout.
There is a manual air resistance control on the flywheel for people who want to increase the intensity of their workout. The oversized, pivoting pedals with foot straps keep the feet securely in place during a workout and have a manual quick release feature.
People can fold the RW700 up after their workout for convenient storage. It also has front-mounted transport wheels, so users can easily wheel it into position.
The weight capacity of this rower is 250 lb.
This rowing machine costs $1,299, with various financing options available.
NordicTrack sells a variety of strength training equipment, ranging from workout mirrors to dumbbells:
- Vault: This NordicTrack workout mirror provides a smart, touch-screen mirror and storage space. The Complete package with accessories costs $2,999. The Standalone version, consisting of just the mirror, costs $1,999.
- Fusion CST: This NordicTrack interactive personal strength trainer is available in a standard model for $1,999 and a Pro model for $2,499.
- Dumbbells: NordicTrack sells a range of dumbbells at different weights, with prices ranging from $10 for an individual dumbbell to $2,799 for a complete set and rack. NordicTrack also sells adjustable dumbbells. Learn more about NordicTrack adjustable dumbbells here.
- Utility Bench: NordicTrack sells a utility bench for use during strength training. It costs $299.
Below, we discuss the NordicTrack workout mirror, Vault.
The Vault comes in two options: Complete, which includes accessories, and Standalone, which consists of the mirror only. Measuring about 72 in in height and 24 in in width, the Vault is a storage cabinet, touch screen, and mirror in one.
Inside the complete version are accessories such as kettlebells, dumbbells, resistance bands, and an exercise mat.
Integrated into the 60-in mirror is a touch screen for accessing the iFit library. The mirrored surface allows users to match their form as closely as possible to that of their chosen personal trainer.
The Complete Vault package costs $2,999, while the Standalone option costs $1,999. Various payment plans are available.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), adults should do at least
When exercising outside of the home is difficult, home exercise equipment might be the answer.
Many studies have confirmed the benefits of home exercise systems. Authors of a
However, using home gym equipment also comes with risks. Research shows that there were more than
NordicTrack offers a wide range of interactive home gym equipment and has a good reputation in the fitness industry.
Its portfolio includes treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical trainers, rowing machines, and home gym sets.
The interactive functionality is a popular feature, but renewing the iFit membership each year can significantly add to the initial cost. Many competitors offer similar products with comparable features in the same price bracket.