We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Elliptical machines offer a low-impact workout with exercises that resemble the motion of walking and running. The Sole Fitness E35 elliptical trainer may suit people who wish to work out at home, while its design makes it suitable for all fitness levels.
This article explores the Sole Fitness brand in more detail and reviews its E35 elliptical machine. It also lists some of its advantages and disadvantages and some alternative products and exercises.
Sole began by manufacturing fitness equipment for hotels, including Hilton Hotels and Hotel Monaco. Today, it also sells equipment for those wanting to exercise at home. A person can find the following equipment on the company’s website:
Sole has a review rating of 1.1 stars out of 5 and an “F” grade with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The company does not currently hold accreditation with the BBB.
Most negative critiques revolve around customer service and product quality issues. Additionally, many reviews describe receiving damaged equipment and customers being unable to contact Sole’s customer service representatives.
They also stated they received their products 3 months after purchase.
Trustpilot gives Sole a 3.5-star rating out of a possible 5. Some reviews discuss the need to cancel orders as the company could not deliver the purchased equipment despite multiple attempts. Some also received elliptical machines with missing components. The company could not fix these issues.
However, according to positive reviews, Sole’s home gym equipment can benefit those unable to exercise at the gym, such as during the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers also said the employees who delivered and installed the equipment were helpful.
Sole’s E35 elliptical machine is suitable for all fitness levels and comes with an integrated tablet holder, Bluetooth audio speakers, and a USB port for charging devices. Manufacturers designed the machine to help prevent knee, hip, and ankle joint strains.
According to the company website, this machine targets the body’s lower areas, a feature that other ellipticals do not offer.
Other features include:
- cooling fans
- a 7.5-inch (in) display
- a 25-pound (lb) flywheel for a smooth and quiet ride
- cushioned and oversized foot pedals
- a water bottle holder
- stationary handlebars with built-in pulse sensors
- a power incline feature for additional resistance
The equipment also has 20 adjustable incline levels, allowing a person to target all lower body muscle groups.
People buying the Sole E35 elliptical machine should ensure that it is compatible with the workout space they have at home. Its dimensions are as follows:
- height: 71 in
- length: 82 in
- width: 31 in
- item weight: 231 lb
- maximum user weight: 375 lb
This product’s warranty differs by part as follows:
- frame: lifetime
- electronics: 5 years
- parts: 5 years
- labor: 2 years
Pricing, shipping, and returns
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $2,799.99, and the equipment comes with free shipping and a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means if an individual is not satisfied with their purchase, they can return the product for a refund within 30 days.
Elliptical machines come with advantages and drawbacks that an individual may wish to consider.
- According to Harvard Medical School, elliptical trainers can burn 270–378 calories in 30 minutes, depending on the user’s weight. People can consider increasing their workout intensity if they want to enhance their calorie burn.
- A 2014 study found that elliptical exercise effectively reduces weight-bearing compared with walking, treadmill jogging, and overground jogging. This can benefit those who return to physical activity after an injury.
- Researchers of an
older studyfound that elliptical exercises can be suitable for those recovering from a stroke. The elliptical machine can help improve their endurance, balance, and functional mobility.
- The Arthritis Foundation states that these exercises can benefit individuals with knee and hip arthritis. This is because elliptical trainers do not place a lot of pressure on the joints.
- People new to working out with ellipticals may find the movements unnatural at first. They may consider working with a fitness trainer to help them use the equipment and achieve their fitness goals.
- They involve repetitive motions, which can cause pain and put pressure on the feet, resulting in a decreased blood flow.
- Many home elliptical machines are expensive.
- They require a moderate amount of space.
There are other elliptical machines worth considering, including the below.
- Nautilus E616 Elliptical: This machine tracks time, distance, and burned calories and provides 25 resistance levels. As of July 2021, it costs around $1,100, while customers can apply for finance plans to cover costs.
- Schwinn 411 Compact Elliptical Machine: This machine has a compact design, ideal for people with limited workout space. It features 16 resistance levels and offers wireless heart rate monitoring. The price is around $550, and individuals can apply to pay in monthly installments.
- NordicTrack FS10i: This elliptical trainer features a 10-in smart touchscreen, 24 resistance levels, and it can connect to NordicTrack’s subscription app, iFit. The price is around $2,500, and the company offers a payment installment plan for eligible individuals. Learn more about NordicTrack ellipticals here.
Other forms of exercise
There are other exercises that a person can perform without an elliptical trainer or other home gym equipment. These include:
- Walking: According to health experts, walking is a weight-bearing exercise because a person carries their body weight as they walk. This can help reduce the risk of some health conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. It can also improve muscle strength and balance.
- Dancing: Other health specialists affirm that dancing can lower blood pressure, increase aerobic activity, build muscle and bone, and reduce fat.
- Running: Targets the lower body area, arms, and core and effectively burns calories. However, a person should ensure they wear the correct running shoes compatible with their feet and body frame.
Sole Fitness is a company that produces home gym equipment. Its E35 elliptical machine comes with various features and suits all fitness levels.
A person may wish to explore a company’s reviews before purchasing to learn from the experiences of others.
Individuals can also compare the features with other companies’ equipment or perform other exercises if they do not own any home gym equipment.
Please note: Medical News Today does not imply warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or endorse any of these applications. Nobody at MNT has evaluated these apps for medical accuracy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved them unless otherwise indicated.