We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Cannabidiol (CBD) products are becoming increasingly popular. As researchers understand more about the potential benefits, more manufacturers are infusing their products with CBD. However, it is important to ensure that people only use safe and high quality CBD products.
- Best CBD oil: Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil
- Best CBD gummies: Sunday Scaries CBD Gummies
- Best CBD softgels: Joy Organics CBD Softgels with Curcumin
- Best CBD salve: CBDistillery CBDol Topical Salve
- Best CBD oil: Social CBD Rest CBD Body Lotion
- Best CBD massage oil: Moon Mother Hemp Company CBD Massage Oil
Is CBD legal? Hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC are legal federally but still illegal under some state laws. Marijuana-derived CBD products, on the other hand, are illegal federally but legal under some state laws. Check local legislation, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved nonprescription CBD products, which may be inaccurately labeled.
CBD is a popular natural remedy that people may use for different health conditions. There is growing evidence to suggest that CBD may be useful for the following.
Some people may use CBD to help manage different types of chronic pain. One
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- panic disorder
- generalized anxiety disorder
- social anxiety disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
Cancer-related side effects
CBD may help reduce cancer-related side effects, such as nausea and vomiting. One
CBD has also shown promise in treating acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to reduce sebum production.
CBD is generally safe, and many people tolerate it well. However, anyone who is looking to use CBD should first consult a healthcare professional, as it is possible for CBD to interact with some prescription medications or supplements.
Some common side effects of CBD, which may be dose-dependent,
It is important to choose CBD products based on criteria that are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency.
Each product in this article:
- is from a company that provides proof of third party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant laboratory
- is made with hemp grown in the United States
- contains no more than 0.3% THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- passes for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
It is also important to consider:
- company certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether or not the manufacturer has received an
FDA warning letter
- whether or not the manufacturer makes any unsupported health claims
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented here is purely research-based.
Best CBD oil
Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil is a formulation of full-spectrum hemp extract. As it is full-spectrum, it means that it contains all the other cannabinoids (including up to 0.3% THC), terpenes, and oils in the cannabis plant.
The company claims that its CBD oil helps maintain calm, focus, and healthy sleep and that it is effective for recovery from exercise-induced inflammation.
The oils are available in a variety of strengths, ranging from 210 milligrams (mg) to 1,800 mg per 30-milliliter bottle.
The CBD oil comes in four flavors:
- lemon twist
- mint chocolate
- orange blossom
- olive oil
Best CBD gummies
Sunday Scaries CBD Gummies contain broad-spectrum CBD. This means that they contain all the compounds in the cannabis plant except THC. However, some products may contain trace quantities of THC.
The gummies also contain vitamins B12 and D3. Additionally, people can choose either gelatin-based or vegan gummies.
Each gummy contains 10 mg of CBD. The company recommends taking two or three gummies, as necessary.
Best CBD softgels
These softgels contain 25 mg of CBD per serving, with 30 softgels in each bottle.
Joy Organics states that the softgels are designed to support joint health. They contain curcumin, and because both CBD and curcumin possess anti-inflammatory properties, these softgels may be useful for people with inflammatory pain.
The capsules are made from bovine gelatin, so they are not suitable for vegans or vegetarians.
Best CBD salve
This product is a combination of 500 mg of full-spectrum CBD, essential oils, and botanical extracts.
The manufacturers of this hemp-derived CBD salve suggest that it may be beneficial for relieving localized muscle pain.
According to its website, CBDistillery sources its products from non-GMO hemp through natural farming practices.
Best CBD lotion
This body lotion contains 300 mg of CBD along with essential oils such as chamomile and bergamot to offer a calming sensation.
The manufacturer claims that the lotion is non-greasy, non-sticky, and fast-absorbing.
The CBD body lotion also contains:
Best CBD massage oil
This product combines 500 mg of full-spectrum CBD with only two other ingredients: jojoba oil and lavender essential oil.
The manufacturer suggests that the ingredients work together to soothe the skin and muscles and provide overall body balance.
It states that it uses 100% organic ingredients and that its products are not only 100% organic but also cruelty-free and gluten-free.
The company also commits to sustainable farming practices and uses its own hemp to produce the oils.
The following are common questions and answers about CBD products.
What types of CBD products are available?
There are various ways of administering CBD. Depending on the goal, the condition a person wishes to treat, and the necessary dosage, people can choose which delivery method is most suitable for them.
Some common forms of CBD products include:
- Oils and tinctures: People can administer these directly into their mouth or choose to add them to a food item or beverage.
- Gummies: CBD gummies can provide a convenient and discreet way of taking CBD.
- Capsules: Capsules are another convenient form of CBD. They usually come in the form of pills or softgels infused with CBD.
- Topicals: People typically use topical CBD products for localized pain and skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis.
What do CBD product labels mean?
CBD product labels may mention the following:
- Full-spectrum CBD: These products contain all compounds of the cannabis plant, including THC, which is the psychoactive associated with the “high” of cannabis.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: These products contain all compounds apart from THC.
- CBD isolate: These products contain isolated CBD with no other compounds.
Where should a person buy CBD?
Since the CBD industry is currently unregulated, there is a chance of unethical CBD manufacturers being dishonest about cannabinoid content in their products. This is where third party testing comes in. It is important because:
- CBD products are not FDA-regulated.
- It verifies the quality of CBD products.
- It provides a neutral, unbiased source of information.
People who are looking for CBD products should only purchase from brands that use third party testing.
Many CBD or CBD-infused products are currently available for people to try. CBD may have several potential benefits, such as relieving pain and anxiety.
With so many products available, it is important for people to choose safe and high quality products. Therefore, it is essential to select products that have undergone third party testing.
It is also advisable to talk with a doctor before using any CBD product.