We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
The Assault Airbike is a fan-assisted exercise bike that uses air to increase resistance. The faster a person pedals, the more resistance the bike will provide.
This article discusses the Assault brand and its air bikes in more detail, including the features of the different models and the pros and cons of this type of exercise equipment.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Assault Fitness is a company that aims to help people reach their fitness goals. Assault sells the following pieces of exercise equipment:
Assault Fitness’s parent company is Lifecore Fitness, which does not currently hold accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB gives the company a B- grade but does not list any customer reviews.
The Classic model of Assault Airbike has an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars on its Amazon page. People who left positive reviews state that the bike is durable and offers an intense workout. Other people say that they noticed a difference in their fitness after using the bike daily. Several people commented that they liked the option of just using their arms to exercise rather than also using their legs.
However, some users who left negative reviews stated that the bike chain broke after limited use. Others say that couriers delivered defective bikes, with people noticing bent fans or bars and broken consoles.
Before purchasing an Assault Airbike, people should consider the pros and cons of this product.
- suitable for all fitness levels
- provides a full-body workout
- contains durable materials
- the fan provides resistance and cooling
- offers a low impact workout that is easier on the joints
- the handles are not adjustable
- uses a chain drive, which may require more maintenance than belt drives
- reviewers say that the air bike can be noisy
- reviewers say that the air bike may wobble while exercising
The Airbike is suitable for people of all fitness levels. Users can increase or decrease the intensity of their workouts by pedaling their legs and moving their arms faster or slower.
Assault Fitness sells three different Airbikes. All three models have a compact and low-maintenance design, are easy to assemble, and do not require electricity.
Additionally, all models have an LCD display that shows calories burned, distance traveled, workout duration, and heart rate. People can choose from seven preprogrammed workouts.
Compare the three AssaultBike models.
Below is an overview of each Assault Airbike:
- Price: $749
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 50.95 x 23.34 x 50 inches (in)
The AssaultBike Classic has a matte black steel frame, a Polar wireless heart rate monitor, and a high-contrast LCD console. The console has seven onboard programs and the option to customize workouts based on calories, distance, time, and heart rate. Assault Fitness writes it is suitable for endurance and stamina training, high intensity interval training (HIIT), and more.
It has a 27-inch (in) steel fan and integrated transport wheels. People can adjust the height and length of their seat, choosing from 11 heights and five back-to-front settings.
This product weighs 43.38 kilograms (kg) and can accommodate a user weight of up to 300 pounds (lb).
Assault Fitness offers a 5-year frame warranty and a 2-year non-wear parts warranty. There is no warranty on labor.
According to customer reviews, this bike is easy to set up. However, some buyers reported problems with the customer service team, and that it can take time to receive a refund.
- easy to set up
- compatible with a user weight of up to 300 lb
- suitable for outdoor workouts
- takes time to receive replacements in case of defective products
- shipping delays
- uncomfortable seat
- Price: $899
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 49.8 x 24.1 x 51.1 in
The AssaultBike Pro has a matte black or camo commercial frame and a high-contrast LCD display with improved readability. It comes with dual-band wireless, Bluetooth, and an ANT+ heart rate receiver.
People can access a competition mode, complete rest and work workouts, and connect to the Assault Fitness App through the LCD console.
The AssaultBike Pro has a 27-inch steel fan and integrated transport wheels. The 11 height and six back-to-front settings allow people to adjust the height and length of their seat.
This product weighs 53.8 kg and has a maximum user weight of 300 lb.
Assault Fitness offers a 7-year frame warranty and a 3-year non-wear parts warranty. There is no warranty on labor.
Many positive reviews on Assault Fitness’ website praise the quality of the AssaultBike Pro. Reviews suggest it is suitable for people who want to engage in cardio exercise. However, some people received a defective product or found it too loud when in use.
- suitable for intensive exercises
- adjustable seat height and length
- improved screen readability
- two color options
- longer warranty than the Classic
- possible seat problems, as it may move during exercise
- can be noisy
- some customers had issues with the sensor
- some taller customers found the seat post did not go high enough
- Price: $1,299
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 55.08 x 26.26 x 55 in
The AssaultBike Elite has a platinum silver metallic enhanced commercial frame, a high contrast LCD display with improved readability, and dual-band wireless, Bluetooth, and ANT+ connected heart rate receiver.
The AssaultBike Elite has a 27-inch steel frame and integrated transport wheels. People can adjust the height and length of their seat, which offers a choice of 12 heights and unlimited front-to-back settings.
This product weighs 63 kg and has a maximum user weight of 350 lb.
Assault Fitness offers a 10-year frame, 3-year non-wear parts, and a 1-year labor warranty.
Customers note that they found the AssaultBike Elite helpful for HIIT workouts. Buyers found it sturdy and appreciated that it came with assembly instructions.
However, individuals also criticize the product description, claiming it does not have multi-grip handlebars. Others found the seat uncomfortable.
- suitable for HIIT
- sturdy design
- increased maximum weight limited by 50 lb
- unlimited seat length adjustments
- comes with a windscreen
- has the longest warranty out of all models
- some customers found the seat uncomfortable
- some buyers claim the LCD screen is not very responsive
- there are several reports of durability issues online
Assault Fitness ships its bike for free in the lower 48 U.S. states.
People can return their Assault bike within 30 days of purchase for a full refund minus shipping and handling costs. However, the company must approve all returns, and the equipment should be in new condition, in the original packaging, and on a pallet. The company will charge a 20% restocking fee if a bike does not meet these conditions.
People interested in purchasing an air bike may wish to consider a wider range of products. Alternative options include:
- Rogue Echo Bike: This exercise bike has a belt drive and an LCD console that tracks fitness metrics. It has an adjustable seat, and its steel construction makes it durable. Learn more about the Rogue Echo Bike.
- Schwinn Airdyne AD6: This exercise bike uses a belt drive with an LCD console displaying fitness metrics. It has an extra padded and oversized seat. The company provides a 10-year frame, 2-year mechanical, 1-year electrical, and 6-month labor warranties. Learn more about Schwinn bikes.
- Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike: This exercise bike is suitable for people who have a more limited budget. It has a premium steel frame, dual-action arms, and an LCD console that displays fitness metrics and acts as an odometer.
The table below shows how the Assault Airbike compares with the above competitors:
|Price||Screen included||Financing available?||User weight limit||Transport wheels|
|Assault Airbike||$749—1,299||yes||yes||300–350 lb||yes|
|Rogue Echo Bike||$895||yes||yes||350 lb||yes|
|Schwinn Airdyne AD6||around $599.99||yes||yes||300 lb||yes|
|Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike||around $342.19||yes||no||300 lb||yes|
Fan resistance design is what makes air bikes, such as the Assault bike, different than other kinds of stationary bicycles. Instead of using magnetic resistance, air bikes use wind resistance. The more energetically users work their arms and legs, the more resistance they will feel.
Being physically active improves people’s health. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that adults get at least
Learn about the benefits of exercise.
Health benefits of cycling
The British National Health Service (NHS) writes that cycling can provide the following benefits:
- a reduction in the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and stroke
- improved mood
- improved symptoms of depression and anxiety
- helps to maintain a moderate weight
- easier on the joints than other aerobic exercises like running
An older 2013 article mentions other health benefits of cycling, which include:
- building muscle strength and flexibility
- enhancing joint mobility
- strengthening bones
- improving posture
People should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to reduce the risk of injury. Additionally, they should ensure that children and pets are supervised if they are near exercise equipment.
All exercise carries the risk of exercise-related injuries, such as strains and sprains. Anyone who feels any pain on exercising should stop straight away and rest the affected area. If the pain does not resolve with rest, a person should contact a healthcare professional for further advice.
Below, we answer some of the top frequently asked questions about the Assault Airbike.
What is an Assault bike good for?
An Assault Bike is suitable for a low impact cardio workout at home. People can control how difficult the exercise is by how quickly they pedal on the bike.
Why is Assault bike so hard?
It can be challenging to get used to exercising on an Assault bike. This is because it requires people to simultaneously push and pull with their arms and pedal. Fan bikes also increase resistance depending on how quickly a person pedals.
Is the Assault bike better than running?
Assault Airbikes provide a low impact workout, which is easier on the joints than running. Running can cause soft tissue injuries, shin pain, and back and groin injuries. However, running is a more affordable exercise that allows people to explore the outdoors. People can speak with a doctor to discuss the best type of exercise for them.
What muscles does the Assault bike work?
Cycling on an Assault Airbike can exercise the quads, glutes, calves, and hamstrings. People can also work out their arms with an Assault Airbike as they push and pull on the handlebars while they pedal.
The Assault Airbike uses a fan to offer unlimited resistance levels. It is suitable for people who are just starting to work toward their fitness goals, as well as those who have more experience working out.
Assault Fitness offers a choice of three AssaultBike models. People should follow the manufacturer’s instructions to minimize the risk of injury and speak with a doctor to determine the best type of exercise for them.