We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Sheex is a company in the United States that specializes in sleep-related products featuring cooling technology.
- For a secure fit: Sheex Original Performance Fitted Sheet
- For a cooler sleep: Sheex Midnight Label Fitted Sheet
- For extra comfort: Sheex Arctic Aire MAX Sheet Set
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Two athletic coaches created the Sheex brand in 2007. Today, the company designs and sells bedding featuring the same cooling materials within certain athletic wear. These materials reportedly improve the breathability of the company’s products to keep people cool as they sleep.
Sheex has five reviews on its Trustpilot profile page, giving the company an average rating of 2.9 out of 5 stars.
Two reviews state its products are high quality and breathable. However, other users mentioned issues with its customer service and refund process.
The Better Business Bureau currently lists no reviews for Sheex. The review platform is also yet to accredit the company, which has a current rating of F. It has also closed 13 complaints in the last 3 years.
The following table shows the materials Sheex uses in its sheets.
|Original performance||87% performance polyester|
|Midnight Label||37% brrr° nylon|
|Arctic Aire MAX||100% TENCEL Lyocell|
The following table shows the length, width, and depth of Sheex sheets in inches.
|Original performance||75 x 39 x 12||75 x 54 x 14||80 x 60 x 15||80 x 76 x 17||80 x 76 x 17|
|Midnight label||none available||none available||60 x 80||76 x 80||none available|
|Arctic Aire MAX||75 x 39 x 14||75 x 54 x 16||80 x 60 x 18||80 x 76 x 18||80 x 78 x 20|
Some factors to consider when shopping for bedsheets include the following:
- Cost: Specific materials or brands can be more expensive.
- Material: There are many different materials available for bedsheets. For example, if a person has allergies or sensitive skin, they might consider cotton or silk.
- Size: Individuals may wish to check their mattress size and depth before making purchases.
- Thread count: Refers to the number of vertical and horizontal threads of material per square inch of fabric. Some higher thread count products may be softer and more durable than others, depending on the type of material.
- Environmental impact: Some customers may wish to check their sheets are responsibly sourced, organic, or free from chemical emissions. People can check for certifications, such as OEKO-TEX, which means these products are free from harmful substances.
- Cooling technology: Individuals who get overly warm as they sleep may wish to consider breathable sheets with airflow properties and moisture-wicking material.
- Returns and warranty policies: A person may wish to consider a company’s returns and warranty policy before purchasing bedsheets.
All Sheex products comprise fabrics for improved air circulation that reduce overheating for a cool sleep. The brand also claims its products transfer body heat more effectively than traditional cotton sheets.
Sheex products also come with:
- a 60-day guarantee
- free shipping
- a 1-year manufacturer warranty
However, most Sheex sheets do not have a thread count due to their circular-knit fabric design.
Below are some Sheex sheets that may be worth considering.
The Original Performance sheet is available in a range of sizes, including:
- twin or twin XL
- king or California king
The athletic-grade elastic reportedly helps the sheet fits securely into place.
The Original Performance sheet, which comes in four colors, consists of 87% performance polyester and 13% spandex.
The Midnight Label sheet is the newest in the Sheex range.
It is available in four colors and queen or king sizes.
Sheex claims this is its coolest bedding due to the combined cooling minerals and moisture-wicking material, making it suitable for people who get too warm during sleep.
The company also says the mineral blend it uses for this product is kind to the skin.
Additionally, the sheet is frictionless, which reduces the stress on a person’s hair and skin as they sleep.
The Arctic Aire MAX sheet set includes a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and standard Sheex pillowcase. The bundle is available in five sizes and seven colors.
This set comprises 100% TENCEL Lyocell, which Sheex claims is softer than silk. The sheets also feature:
- naturally hypoallergenic properties
- smooth fabric for comfort
- channels for heat regulation
- a thread count of 300
The TENCEL material’s engineering means it naturally reduces bacteria growth with no added chemicals.
The following Sheex products offer cooling capabilities:
- pillows and pillowcases
- duvet covers and coverlets
- mattress pads and toppers
- cooling sleepwear and adult loungewear
- face masks
The company also sells accessories such as eye masks, weighted blankets, scented candles, and travel pillows.
Despite its reported benefits, the breathable materials that Sheex uses may not be suitable for everyone. Therefore, individuals may consider other bedsheet fabrics, such as:
The CDC states people can help achieve a restful sleep by:
- maintaining consistent sleep and wake times
- taking part in physical activity during the day
- going out into bright daylight after taking precautions for sun safety
- making the bedroom dark, quiet, and comfortable
- using comfortable bedding
- having a relaxation routine approximately 90 minutes before intending to sleep
- avoiding alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, and spicy foods before going to bed
When to speak with a doctor
A person can consult with a doctor if they regularly experience sleeping problems, particularly if these issues interfere with their daily activities.
If a person gets too warm during sleep, they may also experience night sweats. Other common reasons for night sweats include:
Below are some frequently asked questions about Sheex sheets.
How expensive are Sheex sheets?
The price of Sheex sheets depends on the sheet and size a person purchases.
The following table shows the prices of Sheex sheets. All prices are correct at the time of publishing.
|Midnight Label||none available||none available||$100||$110||none available|
|Arctic Aire MAX||$179.99||$189.99||$199.99||$219.99||$219.99|
Does Sheex ship outside the United States?
Sheex states it ships to the U.S, U.S protectorates, APO/FPO addresses, and Canada. The company uses the Military Post Office to ship to APO/FPO addresses, and delivery can take up to 30 days.
Sheex also stays that any international shipping is subject to shipping charges. People are responsible for paying all duties and taxes.
What are the thread counts of Sheex sheets?
Sheex states thread count does not apply to its sheets because of the circular-knit construction.
However, the Arctic Aire MAX sheets feature woven sateen with a thread count of 300.
Sheex is a U.S. company selling bedsheets and sleepwear.
It uses fabrics featuring cooling technology, which helps a person maintain a comfortable temperature during sleep.
When choosing a bedsheet, individuals may wish to consider which fabric best suits their needs.
People may also wish to speak with a doctor if they have difficulty sleeping for a prolonged period.